Listen, I won’t be talking about bars that will keep you up-to-date with the poll statistics as you slowly sip on a glass of pinot WHO-THE-HECK-CARES (a nice vintage wine). The bars below are bars you can go to and drink so much you’ll forget that there are elections or, heck, even presidents. If you were looking for a place you could talk politics with the other patrons, then leave now. This is not the article for you. If you feel like you need a place to hide, then I know a few spots for you…
Fred–the karaoke jock at Alice’s–has a reputation for being intense. This shouldn’t turn you off from karaoke at Alice’s. In fact, it should do the opposite. In the words of The Wire superstar Omar, “A man’s got to have a code.”
Karaoke! It’s not for the weak. If you want to become a karaoke expert, if you think you have what it takes, this is the article for you.
Have you been rocking out into a hairbrush in front of the bathroom mirror for as long as you can remember? Working hard on your stage presence in private? Take your passions out in to the open and perform with a live band.
There are a lot of factors that take a dive bar from the shallow, dirty gutters of “bad” and somehow, miraculously make it “good.” Hidden Cove, with it’s karaoke, is a great dive bar, encompassing everything good and nice about dive bars…
February’s events will rock your socks right off. Even if your feet are so cold you’re wearing two pairs of socks, it will rock them off, all four individual socks. They are that great! Read about them!
Warm temperatures and sunny skies have boosted the energy of Chicagoans who are ready to sip, savor and sing their nights away. What better way to spend a hot summer night than karaoking with friends?
So… you think you can sing? Instead of belting out your favorite tunes in the shower, or singing into your remote control, grab a REAL mic and showcase your inner diva at 6 of our favorite karaoke spots around Chicago (in no particular order):
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!