A police officer said someone cut off the bus, and when the bus driver slammed on the brakes, the bus slid on wet heavy metal sheeting on the roadway, then crossed into oncoming traffic, and hit a building.
A four-door 1995 Honda Accord was traveling at a high rate of speed when it struck a streetlight pole and wrapped around the pole.
Antonio Lewis, 29, is accused of fatally shooting Maurice Vortes on Sept. 29, 2011, in the 1500 block of South Kedzie Avenue
A West Town neighborhood man became the city’s first homicide victim of the New Year, which so far has seen at least ten other people wounded in separate shootings, authorities said.
A Southwest Side Chuck E. Cheese employee was charged with two misdemeanors last month for allegedly stabbing a customer in a dispute over a salad plate, police said.
Five people were hospitalized earlier Saturday when a Chicago Transit Authority bus and a car were involved in an accident on Kedzie Avenue, in the Brighton Park neighborhood.
A man decided to ride his bicycle down the ramp that leads to the platform at a CTA Blue Line stop, and he ended up on the tracks.
Police in the Chicago Lawn neighborhood are warning residents about two teenage boys who are targeting female victims for robbery.
A bicyclist was recovering in the hospital Tuesday morning, after he was struck by a Brown Line ‘L’ train on the city’s Northwest Side.
Two separate incidents of what first appeared to be incidents of attempted child abduction have caught the attention of police in Chicago and Aurora.
Chicago Police have issued a community alert about the attempted kidnapping Tuesday of a girl on the Southwest Side.
Four people are dead, and two others are critically injured, after a crash at 31st Street and Kedzie Avenue in the Little Village neighborhood overnight.
A 19-year-old man has been charged with felony DUI for allegedly causing a crash that hurt five people — three critically — early Saturday on the Southwest Side.
Two people were hospitalized Wednesday morning after they were shot by an off-duty Chicago Police officer in the West Side’s Lawndale neighborhood.
An off-duty Chicago Police officer suffered minor injuries after a man tried to run him over with a car in the Little Village neighborhood Wednesday night.
A vehicle drove onto Brown Line tracks, hit the third rail and caught fire Sunday morning, causing major delays.
A man was shot and killed Thursday night after a gunman came up behind him in the North Lawndale neighborhood.
A van hit a wall and flipped over on Kedzie Avenue on the city’s Southwest Side early Friday, leaving the driver injured.
A man and a woman were shot in the head during separate drive-by attacks early Friday in the Southwest Side Brighton Park neighborhood.
Five people were injured during a motor vehicle accident Sunday afternoon on in the Marquette Park neighborhood on the South Side.
- Two Charged With River North BurglariesTwo people have been charged with burglary in connection with a spate of robberies this month in the River North neighborhood.98
- Portage Theater Closed For NowThe 93-year-old landmark theater at 4050 N. Milwaukee Ave. was shut down on Friday after Ald. John Arena (45th) blocked Carranza’s application for a liquor license, according to Carranza.90
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.213
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!