Free agent pitcher Mark Buehrle will meet with the Florida Marlins in South Florida, according to a report.
When the Cubs dismissed manager Mike Quade in an official release, the team included one other key piece of information.
With the Cardinals taking home the World Series, effectively ending the 2011 baseball season, it is now time for teams to beginning signing their free agents and making plans for 2012.
With the buzz around Chicago all about Theo Epstein, Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports joined The Mully and Hanley Show to discuss the Cubs’ acquisition.
As the player’s union challenges the Cubs’ placement of Carlos Zambrano on the disqualified list, fans are wondering whether or not the team’s winningest pitcher over the last 10 years will ever pitch again for the Cubs.
Fox Sports’ Ken Rosenthal says the White Sox still have a chance to win the AL Central Division if their two top hitters improve, but it’s time for the Cubs to look forward to future seasons.
Throughout the season, the White Sox have been plagued with an inconsistent offense and, at times, a shaky bullpen. It’s their starting pitching that’s kept them afloat, and can keep the season alive.
Carlos Zambrano has been the center of several Cubs storylines this season, unfortunately they haven’t been because of stellar pitching performacnes.
Already on the hot seat before the season started, the horrid season for the Chicago Cubs thus far has only increased the scrutiny of the team general manager Jim Hendry put together.
As good as Carlos Zambrano has been for the Chicago Cubs over his 10-year career (3.52 ERA, 121-76 record and 1,497 strikeouts), his frequent outbursts may be pushing the Cubs to try and trade the big right-hander.
After a rough start, the Chicago White Sox have started to turn their season around, and only time will tell if they can climb up the standings and compete for the AL Central title. If John Danks can turn his season around, that climb will be a lot easier.
Through his first 10 starts of the 2011 season, Chicago White Sox pitcher John Danks has seven decisions, and they’re all losses. But his 0-7 record is nowhere near indicative of the season that he’s having so far.
As the Chicago White Sox look dig themselves out of a whole and get back in the race for the AL Central title, the team needs to evaluate what players aren’t contributing the way the teams needs.
A columnist warns that firing Cubs general manager Jim Hendry would be a bad move, no matter how the team comes out at the end of the season.
The Chicago White Sox have had a rough start to their 2011 season, but a belief still remains that they’re a much better team than their record indicates.
It’s no secret that at 10-19, the Chicago White Sox have underperformed so far this season. And as White Sox fans look for answers as to why, and solutions to fix the team, manager Ozzie Guillen’s name often comes up.
Starlin Castro remains to be the most exciting player on the Chicago Cubs, but he’s also the player with the more uncertain future.
The Chicago Cubs have a 4-5 record on the season, but only one of their losses have been by more than two runs, so with a little more offensive production, the team could be off to a much better start.
Not only did the 2011 season open the way many expected it to for the Chicago White Sox, it also gave a glimpse at what could be this season.
The American League Central division looks like it could be a three team race between the Chicago White Sox, Minnesota Twins and Detroit Tigers.
- Storms Likely On Monday Afternoon, EveningWarm, humid air over Chicago is likely to create some strong, isolated thunderstorms around the evening rush hour on Monday.431
- Three Teens Arrested After Large Fight On Lakefront On South SideThree teens were arrested on Sunday, after police broke up a large fight along the lakefront in the Jackson Park neighborhood.337
- Charred Body Found In Dumpster After Fire ExtinguishedAbout 11:05 p.m. firefighters were called to the 3100 block of North Kimball Avenue in the Avondale neighborhood after receiving a report of a dumpster blaze in a nearby alley.156
- 5 Dead, 18 Wounded In Weekend ViolenceFive people have been killed and at least 18 others wounded — including a 12-year-old boy left in critical condition — in shootings across the city since Friday night.7474
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!
- Miller Lite ‘Take Me Out To The Ballpark’ Ticket Giveaway April 26, 2013Join The Score this summer at various locations throughout the Chicagoland area for your chance to win one of twenty pairs of tickets to a future White Sox game!