The chief executive officer of Chicago-based Groupon is defending his company and his leadership.
Something of a layaway war has erupted among big retailers.
The signature Chicago craft brews from Goose Island beer are set to go nationwide.
A Canada-based tea café is setting up shop on three fashionable strips in Chicago.
A shake-up in the executive office may mean lower prices at Jewel-Osco.
The heat wave may have cut into attendance at a popular suburban event this week.
Just a few months after opening its new main hospital building with much fanfare, Rush University Medical Center is suing the architect and engineer that developed it.
Brookfield Zoo announced this week that a black-footed cat has been born at the zoo for the first time ver.
If you want to display contemporary art in your home, for free, there’s another option now besides letting your kids loose with fingerpaint on your walls.
Some well-known figures who were imprisoned for political corruption have sobering advice for ex-Gov. Rod Blagojevich as he prepares to spend 14 years behind federal bars.
It turns out Chicago’s favorite Tyrannosaurus rex was much heavier than anyone knew.
The University of Chicago and Northwestern University are among the country’s most expensive places for a college education.
Chicago-based United Airlines has begun replacing paper flight manuals used by pilots with with 11,000 iPads.
Another giant coffee maker is reducing retail prices.
The transition plan that Mayor-elect Rahm Emanuel unveiled this week is a blueprint for how he intends to change things at City Hall. Andy Shaw of the Better Government Association weighs in.
Chicago-based Groupon has found new “real estate” in the fiercely competitive daily deals industry.
The sandwich chain is considering moving its corporate headquarters out of Illinois–as a result of the state’s business tax hike.
A judge has issued a foreclosure order that hands the Block 37 mall downtown over to a bank, according to a published report.
Chicago Inspector General Joseph Ferguson has released his quarterly report of investigations into alleged missteps and misdeeds.
The dream of a developer to build the Western Hemisphere’s tallest skyscraper in Chicago may have been extinguished.
- Student Pulled Over And Robbed By Phony Police OfficerA man driving an unmarked white Ford Crown Victoria with interior flashing red and blue lights pulled the student over near Ballard and Bender roads in Des Plaines as she was driving to school around 7:30 a.m. on May 20.340
- Bodies Of 2 Men Found In Car In West EnglewoodTwo bodies were found inside a car on the South Side and one of the victims worked for Cook County Circuit Court Clerk Dorothy Brown.214
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!