Tuesday is the first day of school for many Chicago kids, and that means Monday was the day for last-minute school shopping, but parents were also looking ahead to a possible teachers strike starting in one week.
Mitt Romney’s economic plan basically says if you make $22.50 an hour with benefits, you make too much money; and if you make $22.5 million, then you pay too much in taxes.
Instead of getting rowdy at a demonstration or protest regarding the lack of jobs throughout the country, people can voice their discontent with the nation’s current unemployment rate on this Labor Day by simply placing an empty chair in their front yard.
Excessive heat on Friday will turn to soaking rains for the Chicago area, thanks to the leftovers of Hurricane Isaac.
Your Labor Day road trip may be more expensive than ever.
Jurors in the Drew Peterson murder trial will hear closing arguments after the Labor Day weekend and presumably begin deliberations soon after.
Labor Day means one more weekend of festivals, BBQs and all that is right with the Chicago weather. Here’s a weekend itinerary with fun ideas to get you started!
Illinois safety officials have a new Labor Day mantra, as they try to stem the state’s rising highway death toll.
Hurricane Isaac could affect the Labor Day holiday in the Chicago area with heavy rain.
After spending the day in labor at Loyola University Medical Center, Monica Aguirre’s prayers for a miracle were answered at last.
Labor Day is a day to honor the American worker, but at a time when the national unemployment rate is over 9 percent, this year’s holiday has a bit of a different feel.
For many out celebrating on Monday, the unexpectedly cold temperatures made this Labor Day seem much more like an official end to summer.
This Labor Day, opponents of a trade agreement with Pacific Rim countries protested what they see as another assault on labor, the environment and healthcare.
An 18-year-old boy who lost his life to gunfire in the North Lawndale neighborhood has brought the total number of deaths caused by violence in the city this Labor Day weekend to at least eight.
Labor Day facts to make you the Resident Smarty Pants at your weekend BBQ.
Labor Day weekend is upon us! From festivals to music, the city and suburbs are full of things to do.
The 33rd Annual Chicago Jazz Festival will take place Labor Day weekend in the heart of downtown.
Labor Day means the end of summer. Make it last forever with these delicious food and drink recipes to enjoy summer produce all year long.
It’s summer’s last fling but this year, one projection indicates fewer of us will be travelling for the Labor Day weekend.
Labor Day comes at a unique time of year. Caught between two seasons, we’re left picking sides: do we try to Hold On To Summer or Embrace Fall?
- Divers Pull Body From Lake Michigan On South SideA young man's body has been pulled from Lake Michigan, not far from where a missing University of Chicago student is believed to have been when he vanished during last week's thunderstorms.328
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.526
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!