CBS 2′s Walter Jacobson sides with the paid help at O’Hare International Airport, who are being cast aside this holiday season to save a relative few bucks in the city budget.
The curse of brain dead Republicans is not limited to Washington, DC. It turns out that GOP leaders in state capitols have also been unable to digest the results of November’s elections.
After all the hype regarding Walmart employees’ discontent with their employer and the threat of a strike on Black Friday, the long holiday weekend was saw banner sales and virtually no protest at Walmarts.
The CTA struck a tentative cost-saving labor contract Monday with its largest union.
There is a new breed of truthers on the right. Joining the paranoid ranks of the advocates of a government role in 9-11 and the birthers fascination with President Obama’s birth certificate are conservatives that believe the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) is making up jobs numbers to benefit President Obama.
The labor vote literally has been cast this morning in the south suburbs.
The newspapers that are not endorsing President Barack Obama are extremely brave. They are to be positively recognized for their courage to stand up against the onslaught of the liberal media which refuses to speak in the best interest of the country as the presidential election nears.
Preparing for this debate has got to be the most depressing thing Obama has ever done. He must be staring at facts and figures that he can hardly believe – and then realize he has to defend them come Wednesday night – with his biggest critic, Mitt Romney – and the nation – staring at him. It’s going to be terrible for Obama.
Unlike Obama, Mitt Romney has been talking about his plan to save Social Security on the campaign trail in the recent past. Though it is getting little to no coverage in the national press, it should be getting the positive “buzz” it deserves.
Want to know what a company looks like when it fires all its experienced workers and hires on cheap replacements? Watch last night’s embarrassment of a game between Green Bay and Seattle. But this is about more than just a game. This is about a trend in our national economy where trained professionals are cast aside for inferior workers.
In the ‘80s, Jerry Markbreit ejected Charles Martin for slamming the Bears’ Jim McMahon to the ground after a play — a tough call even for a veteran NFL ref.
The blatant lies and the desperate spins generated from the “left” have been absolutely frightening. What’s extremely sad for them is that they don’t have a prayer of keeping the White House without creating lies and spinning obvious negatives into self-reported positives.
Obama’s latest speech on tax cuts for the middle class is just a retread of his tired class warfare rhetoric and strategy.
Mitt Romney’s contortions to differentiate offshoring from outsourcing don’t matter to those who lost their jobs because of it.
After spending the day in labor at Loyola University Medical Center, Monica Aguirre’s prayers for a miracle were answered at last.
The Emanuel administration and labor union leaders were back at the bargaining table on Monday, trying to work out a deal to avoid 625 threatened layoffs of city workers.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel today said he plans to lay off 625 city workers as part of a plan to close a $10 million budget gap.
In the midst of ongoing labor issues and a lockout, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell was set to speak at the Players’ Association’s rookie symposium.
A strike at the Congress Hotel downtown is now entering its eighth year–the same year the United States invaded Iraq .
For one mother, this Mother’s Day will be one she’ll likely never forget; she went into labor after she was involved in a seven-car pileup on the Stevenson Expressway.
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!