Get an inside look at what it takes to be a clinic coordinator for a public health department.
A north suburban sheriff’s deputy is free on bond after being charged with obstruction of justice and soliciting a sexual act.
Firefighters from several fire departments are battling the extra-alarm fire in a large home in a sub-division at Wadsworth Road and Oak Crest Lane.
The American Red Cross has opened seven shelters to provide relief for nearly 200 people who were forced from their homes this week by flooding in Cook, DuPage, Lake, and DeKalb counties.
The designation will help speed and expand access to state emergency resources and allow the governor to pursue federal relief and support, a statement from the governor’s office said.
As wet as it has been in the Chicago area, Lake County Emergency Management Coordinator Kent McKenzie said it has been drier than anticipated in Wisconsin, where both rivers originate.
The latest round of storms, and those of the past few weeks, are prompting flood warnings.
One of the hassles of riding the bus is the dash to get to the corner, several blocks away, to catch it.
Jim McPherson, 21, was indicted on first-degree murder charges for allegedly shooting Janay McFarlane, 18, the night of Feb. 15. The teenager’s younger sister was in Chicago the same day her sister was shot, listening to President Obama’s anti-violence speech.
It’s becoming an annual tradition, and one Chicago residents can’t be proud of. Forbes Magazine again listed Chicago among its 10 Most Miserable Cities in America.
A Gurnee family is ignoring a Lake County order to take down their neighborhood ice rink. CBS 2′s Brad Edwards reports.
The death of a mother of two caused by a man who got high by inhaling computer dust cleaner before driving prompted major changes in how police in one local community handle suspected “dusting” cases.
The discovery of a body in rural Lake County, Ind. on Sunday prompted investigators there to wonder whether it could be that of missing Calumet City woman Gena Chiodo, whose boyfriend has been charged with her murder.
The no-stalking, anti-harassment order of protection against state Sen. Suzi Schmidt was extended for six months Friday by Lake County Judge George Strickland.
An Antioch area man accused of murdering his long-time partner has been indicted by a Lake County grand jury on first-degree murder charges.
A prosecutor who’s running for judge in Lake County, Ill., is under investigation–accused by the incumbent’s supporters of stealing his campaign signs.
A missing Volo, Ill. woman and her two young daughters have been located safely — in the Wisconsin Dells.
Aneta M. Marsek, 33, of Volo, Ill. and her two children – Chevelle, 2, and four-month-old Macenzie – have not been seen since Saturday evening, family members told Lake County sheriff’s police.
Lake County commissioners are using an upside down garbage can as their symbol of a new effort to start recycling 60 percent — instead of 40 percent — of everything left at the curb in the northern suburbs.
A Lake County grand jury approved reckless homicide and aggravated DUI charges Wednesday for the Bartlett man accused of being high on cocaine and under the influence of alcohol when he allegedly ran over a 10-year-old boy with his boat.
- History Of Tornadoes In Chicago AreaThe massive EF-4 tornado to hit Moore, Okla., is rare, but twisters with that kind of force have hit the Chicago area in the past, and have been extremely deadly.593
- Local Storm Chaser Describes ‘Sickening, Deafening Roar’ Of Oklahoma TornadoA south suburban man whose hobby is chasing storms was in Moore, Okla., on Monday when a massive tornado devastated the town, killing at least 24 people.224
- High School Duo Has Never Missed A Day Of ClassThey say no one's perfect, but one school in the far southwestern suburbs has not just one, but two students who have achieved perfection in one area.136
- Deadly Oklahoma Tornado Serves As Reminder To Prepare For Disasters“Tornado sheltering basics involved three steps – get in, get down and cover-up. The overall goal is to avoid flying and falling debris by putting as many barriers between you and the tornado as possible,” according to one expert at the National Weather Service in Norman, Oklahoma.121
- Lightning Strikes Damage Two Homes OvernightAt least two homes in the Chicago area were struck by lightning overnight as heavy thunderstorms plowed through the region.198
- Police Seek Help Identifying Female Homicide VictimPolice are asking for help to identify the body of woman or teen girl found strangled and badly burned in a Northwest Side Avondale neighborhood Dumpster Sunday night.137
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!