Two boaters were plucked out of Lake Michigan on Friday afternoon after their small sailboat tipped over and took on water.
Less water reveals garbage that had been hidden in Lake Michigan and the other Great Lakes, according to the Alliance for the Great Lakes.
A coalition of environmentalists joined Senator Dick Durbin on the shoreline where he called the ferry SS Badger the filthiest ship on Lake Michigan. The coalition wants want tougher environmental controls over its emissions.
A man who was walking on the ice in Lake Michigan was pulled to safety by Chicago police on Tuesday morning.
The air temperature at Oak Street Beach was 20 degrees, 19 degrees warmer than the water at the 12th Annual Polar Bear Plunge, hosted by the Lakeview Polar Bear Club.
The one-year old German Shepherd mix continues to be cared for at the Chicago Animal Care and Control facility on 27th Street and Western Avenue.
In a new report, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers said, if Chicago doesn’t get some significant rain or snow soon, there could be serious water flow issues in the Chicago River.
About 50 hearty souls started the first day of the New Year with a plunge into the frigid water of Lake Michigan.
The body of an elderly woman was pulled from Lake Michigan Sunday in the North Side Rogers Park neighborhood.
Now welcoming visitors at the Shedd Aquarium are three big grey slow moving Carp.
If the Lake Michigan water level drops six inches, the locks in and out of the Chicago River will have to be closed to keep polluted water out, federal officials said Monday.
After spending almost 70 years, submerged in Lake Michigan salvage experts pulled an old World War II fighter plane out of the water on Friday.
A sunken World War II Wildcat Fighter has concluded its final fight–45 miles under the water to a safe harbor in Waukegan.
Huge waves and high winds are pounding the lakefront along Chicago and Northwest Indiana on Tuesday– all from the massive superstorm that has devastated much of the East Coast.
Hurricane Sandy is so massive that it is already making its presence felt here in Chicago, causing huge swells on Lake Michigan and disrupting flight plans for thousands of people.
A body was pulled from the water Friday morning near Navy Pier.
Sunshine and cool temperatures are on the docket for Thursday afternoon, and look for a warm-up coming next week.
Trustees at Northwestern University have voted in favor of a massive new multipurpose athletic facility on Lake Michigan, according to a published report.
In the annual Flutag, dozens of daring divers in their handcrafted devices take a flying leap off a platform 30 feet in the sky.
The National Weather Service says there is an increased risk of rip currents along the lake in Cook and Lake (Ill.) counties through Sunday evening.
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.200
- History Of Tornadoes In Chicago AreaThe massive EF-4 tornado to hit Moore, Okla., is rare, but twisters with that kind of force have hit the Chicago area in the past, and have been extremely deadly.593
- Local Storm Chaser Describes ‘Sickening, Deafening Roar’ Of Oklahoma TornadoA south suburban man whose hobby is chasing storms was in Moore, Okla., on Monday when a massive tornado devastated the town, killing at least 24 people.224
- High School Duo Has Never Missed A Day Of ClassThey say no one's perfect, but one school in the far southwestern suburbs has not just one, but two students who have achieved perfection in one area.136
- Deadly Oklahoma Tornado Serves As Reminder To Prepare For Disasters“Tornado sheltering basics involved three steps – get in, get down and cover-up. The overall goal is to avoid flying and falling debris by putting as many barriers between you and the tornado as possible,” according to one expert at the National Weather Service in Norman, Oklahoma.121
- Lightning Strikes Damage Two Homes OvernightAt least two homes in the Chicago area were struck by lightning overnight as heavy thunderstorms plowed through the region.198
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!