Lance Louis is moving on.
According to a report from the Sun-Times, the NFL has fined Vikings defense end Jared Allen $21,000 for his hit on Lance Louis in Sunday’s game.
When the Bears re-match the Vikings in Minnesota on Dec. 9, one former NFLer says the Bears need to get back at the All-Pro defensive end.
Time offers the opportunity for perspective, so I thought it would be a good idea to wait each week to give my thoughts on the Bears game. The idea being that 24 hours allows for me to watch the game over and talk to a few more people. Hence, “The 24 Blog.”
Brandon Marshall continued his big season Sunday by catching 12 passes for 92 yards, putting him over the 1000 yard mark on the season.
Congratulations to the Titans, on the comedy event of the fall. That was some performance. Not that the Bears didn’t contribute, either. Or the broadcasters.
Mike Tice liked how Chris Williams played at right tackle in the first preseason game and he once again is giving him the chance to beat out Webb for the starting left tackle position.
The Chicago Bears are one of the teams that many NFL observers are feeling good about with the season about five weeks away from starting.
Instead of giving the game ball to the best player, this week’s game ball goes to the worst player.
A week ago, it was understandable to remain optimistic about the Bears chances going forward, despite obvious issues. This week, it’s impossible.
Check out this week’s game ball from The McNeil and Spiegel Show.
Heading into Sunday’s game against Detroit, the Bears will face arguably one of the most powerful defensive lines in the league looking to break up their newly-found continuity on offensive in Cliff Avril, Ndamukong Suh, Corey Williams and Kyle Vanden Bosch.
After missing his second consecutive practice, Bears offensive tackle Cabe Carimi has been ruled out for Monday night’s game in Philadelphia.
The bye week is over and the Bears are getting back to business. Let’s see what’s on your mind as the Bears get ready for a big matchup with the Eagles.
It’s what you need to do against bad teams — beat them badly. Its not a game that anyone really learned a ton about the Bears in their thrashing of the Minnesota Vikings on Sunday night; however, the Bears now sit 3-3 and are still very much alive in the race for an NFC Wild Card berth.
Lovie Smith does appear to have his own supply of paper towels, though, that he’s been able to pull out of the supply closet, to unroll as needed to mop up the pessimism (and who would engage in that, dare I ask?) and keep his team from slipping into the abyss.
It doesn’t get categorized as “pretty” but 2-2 looks much better a quarter of the way through the regular season than 1-3 would. The running game was much improved compared to the last two weeks, but there were still plenty of weak spots on both sides of the ball where the Bears need to improve.
Despite the Bears’ offense showing signs of life on the ground in Sunday’s 34-29 win over the Panthers, it would be a stretch to say all 11 men on that side of the ball were clicking.
(CBS) Bears wide receiver Roy Williams practiced without limitations Thursday as the Bears prepare to take on the Packers for an NFC North showdown. Williams, who signed with the Bears as a free agent this […]
Bears wide receiver Roy Williams was back at practice on Wednesday, although he was limited after missing Sunday’s loss to the Saints with a groin strain.
- Police Seek Help Identifying Female Homicide VictimPolice are asking for help to identify the body of woman or teen girl found strangled and badly burned in a Northwest Side Avondale neighborhood Dumpster Sunday night.125
- Should Indoor Sprinklers Be Mandatory For New Homes?Safety advocates say new construction should include indoor sprinklers to make homes more fireproof. CBS 2's Chris Martinez looks at both sides of the debate.149
- Cop Shoots Trucker In Parking Lot Of Merrillville, Ind. Planned ParenthoodA police-involved shooting occurred in the parking lot of a Planned Parenthood office in Merrillville, Ind. Monday afternoon.254
- 25 Years Ago, Laurie Dann Went On Deadly Rampage On North ShoreIt was 25 years ago today when a tragedy unfolded in Winnetka.246
- Neighbor’s Dog Seriously Injures 9-Year-Old BoyA nephew of the dog owner was able to pull the animal off the boy, who suffered bites to his arms and legs.321
- Storms Likely On Monday Afternoon, EveningWarm, humid air over Chicago is likely to create some strong, isolated thunderstorms around the evening rush hour on Monday.431
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!