It certainly doesn’t take a football expert to realize the Bears’ offensive line played poorly in New Orleans Sunday, but at least one of those experts still thinks the unit can be good.
The balance, protection and production that the Bears saw last week vs. the Falcons was absent against the Saints. Gregg Williams and the New Orleans defense brought continuous pressure and it put the Bears on their heels.
Jay Cutler crouched down on his knees, his head resting on the turf with his hands on both sides of his helmet as if his ears were ringing. That was after a blindside hit from Saints safety Malcolm Jenkins that was only the beginning of his misery in a 30-13 loss to New Orleans on Sunday.
The Saints have declared cornerback Tracy Porter inactive for Sunday’s game against Chicago, while the Bears have scratched receiver Roy Williams, safety Chris Harris and guard Lance Louis.
Marion Barber, Chris Harris and Lance Louis were all listed as “doubtful” for Sunday’s game against the New Orleans Saints Friday.
Without a new contract done, Matt Forte knows his long-term value will directly correlate with how he plays this season.
Laurence Holmes takes your Bears questions every week in his mailbag.
A quick look back at the good, bad and ugly from last night’s 41-13 loss to the Giants.
It’s still nowhere near perfect, but the Bears’ offensive line certainly looked better against the Giants Monday night. Here’s a look at how I saw the offensive line play from left to right.
The Bears surpised the NFL Saturday when they chose to kick from the 30-yard line on two kickoffs in the first half.
Preseason games are about opportunity. When given the chance, can you catch the coaches’ eyes? Saturday night a few Bears players made a good impression and increased the level of competition.
The Bears’ offensive line has had a spotlight on it for over a year now and Saturday night’s performance against the Bills did nothing to change that.
The mailbag heats up this week as the Bears get ready for their first preseason game against the Buffalo Bills Saturday.
There’s still over a month until the Bears open their season against the Atlanta Falcons, but Bears offensive line coach knows who he wants to start in front of Jay Cutler Sept. 11 at Solider Field.
Laurence Holmes has a complete recap of the first day of Bears training camp in Bourbonnais.
Chicago Bears offensive lineman Lance Louis and former teammate Nick Sandford have reached a settlement to end the civil suit filed by Sandford.
A win is a win is a win. That’s what the Bears will tell you about their 19-14 survival against the Lions. It doesn’t matter that they got the aid of an obscure rule to […]
- Two Charged With River North BurglariesTwo people have been charged with burglary in connection with a spate of robberies this month in the River North neighborhood.98
- Portage Theater Closed For NowThe 93-year-old landmark theater at 4050 N. Milwaukee Ave. was shut down on Friday after Ald. John Arena (45th) blocked Carranza’s application for a liquor license, according to Carranza.90
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.213
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!