A 33-year-old man was shot to death on a South Side street Wednesday moments after cursing at occupants of a vehicle.
Police are investigating the death of a man whose body was found on a set of subway tracks along the Blue Line near the LaSalle Street station overnight.
A body was discovered on the L train tracks near the LaSalle Blue Line station early Monday, police said.
An 18-year-old woman has been issued a handful of traffic citations after she and two Chicago Police officers were injured in an accident in the South Side Grand Boulevard neighborhood early Saturday when she ran a red light.
The Occupy movement is now a year old and about 125 people celebrated in the rain at LaSalle Street and Jackson Boulevard Monday night.
Bond was set at $900,000 for a west suburban man charged with attempted murder after he was shot by police while wielding a knife early Saturday following a car accident in the Loop.
Four people were critically injured early Saturday when a police sergeant shot a driver armed with a knife after a car accident in the Loop.
At least five people were killed, and 23 others were wounded, by gunfire and other violence in Chicago this past weekend.
A man who had recently moved to Chicago from Puerto Rico was stabbed to death in a fight with a group of people in the River North area early Saturday.
Dozens of protesters rallied at the site of a new West Loop office development along the Chicago River on Tuesday, upset that taxpayers’ money is supporting the construction.
Police continue to search for a gunman who shot and killed a teenager in the Washington Park neighborhood overnight.
A Chicago police officer was shot Sunday afternoon in the Bronzeville neighborhood on the South Side.
Metra officials say they are satisfied that the air aboard its trains is not toxic, and now, the agency wants to test the air in three of its downtown terminals.
Smoke from a switchbox heater sent fire crews to a Blue Line subway station in the Loop this morning, but no injuries were reported.
Flames lit up the city’s South Side, when two buildings erupted in a fire that required more than 100 firefighters to put out.
A fire broke out Wednesday in a historic building that is being converted from a former bank to a high-end hotel.
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!