When you’re as big as LeBron James, you shouldn’t need to flop.
Five things to watch for in Game 6 of the NBA Finals, as the San Antonio Spurs try to clinch their fifth title and end the Miami Heat’s reign on Tuesday night:
A little more than a year ago, the Miami Heat stood on the verge of elimination in the Eastern Conference Finals. The team’s heart and the ability of the Big Three were being questioned left and right ahead of Game 6 of the Conference Finals.
2-time champion, huh?
Manu Ginobili ran onto the floor as fans stood and screamed. He went to the bench, and they chanted his name. The sights and sounds of so many San Antonio spring nights were back Sunday — and the real party might be just a few days away.
The Miami Heat came back to the AT&T Center looking to take a 3-2 lead with the series set to return to South Florida. Instead, the Spurs’ hot shooters stayed hot and San Antonio’s 114-104 victory sends the series back to South Florida.
Manu Ginobili broke out of a slump in a big way with 24 points and 10 assists in his first start of the season, and the Spurs beat the Miami Heat 114-104 to take a 3-2 lead in the NBA Finals.
Miami Heat superstar and NBA Most Valuable Player LeBron James looked like a shell of himself in Game 3 of the 2013 NBA Finals against the San Antonio Spurs. He promised he would play better in Game 4 and just like the mailman, he delivered.
Miami Heat owner Micky Arison had a message as he walked to the winning locker room.
The Miami Heat entered Game 4 of the 2013 NBA Finals against the San Antonio Spurs knowing they couldn’t lose and go down 3-1 in the series and have a chance of winning the Larry O’Brien trophy. But the Heat’s Big Three responded like the three All-Stars that they are, combining for 82 points and lead Miami to a 109-93.
Following his dismal performance in Game 3 of the NBA Finals, LeBron James was honest. Brutally honest.
The greatest players in sports history always found a way to rally themselves and their team when the odds were stacked against them. For LeBron James, after a horrid Game 3 performance, that time is now.
Five things to take away from the San Antonio Spurs’ 113-77 win over the Miami Heat in Game 3 of the NBA Finals on Tuesday night:
After mauling the San Antonio Spurs in Game 2 of the 2013 NBA Finals, the Miami Heat will look to take a 2-1 lead in the series Tuesday night during Game 3 at the AT&T Center in San Antonio.
It’s rare, but the Miami Heat does lose an occasional game or two. They just don’t do it in consecutive games, at least not for the last six months. And when the Heat does respond to the loss, it’s usually in an overwhelming manner.
LeBron James overcame a terrible start to finish with 17 points, eight rebounds and seven assists and the Miami Heat rolled to a 103-84 victory over the San Antonio Spurs on Sunday night to even the series at a game apiece.
In every NBA Finals, there’s often a play that people will never forget. Michael Jordan’s push-off jump shot against the Utah Jazz is one people still remember. Sunday night gave NBA fans another one of those unforgettable moments courtesy of Miami Heat superstar LeBron James.
Tiago Splitter, why don’t you just take a seat for a little while?
Back with a blowout, and, no, the Miami Heat didn’t need to lean on LeBron to get it. Not when Mario Chalmers and everyone else came through.
As LeBron James continues to garner more accolades and praise, the comparisons between he and Michael Jordan will only grow louder.
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Bakery Blunder Makes ‘Cat Cake’ A Viral SensationOf all the cat memes on the Internet, this one takes the cake.900
- Search Dog Tracks Missing Student To LakefrontVolunteers, friends and family were out in force Tuesday morning, resuming the search for a missing University of Chicago student.586
- Initial Tests ID Glittery Substance Along BeachIndiana environmental officials were investigating whether a Porter County manufacturer was responsible for a slick of glittery material that kept many swimmers out of Porter Beach on Monday.1095
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!