The winds of change appear to be blowing among professional sports.
The Council’s Human Relations Committee wants to encourage athletes to be comfortable acknowledging their sexual orientation, as the NBA’s Jason Collins has.
Rev. William Owens takes great issue with Obama’s linkage of Dr. King’s civil rights movement of the past to the current gay rights movement regarding same-sex marriage. Owens says that King embraced traditional religion, and he strongly suggests that King would not want his civil rights’ mission altered to include same-sex marriage.
Former NFL cornerback Wade Davis, who played for three separate teams, joined The McNeil and Spiegel Show to discuss what it was like being gay in the NFL.
From wigs to complete costumes, finding the right look for the Chicago Pride Parade needn’t be stressful. Check out the following places to get an entire outfit or just a few accessories.
Get ready to party during Pride Weekend in Chicago. Who says you need to turn in early during Pride Weekend? Check out these nightclubs and bars to keep partying into the early hours.
It has been a year now since same-sex civil unions became legal in Illinois, but the advocacy group Equality Illinois says many couples are not finding that their unions are being treated as equal to marriages.
The gay rights law firm Lambda Legal has produced a video with the message that “it’s just time” for full marriage equality in Illinois, after lawsuits were filed this week seeking to secure marriage rights for same sex couples.
Two separate lawsuits were filed Wednesday, attempting to secure marriage rights for gay and lesbian couples in Illinois.
An Illinois lawmaker called the state’s rejection of an anti-bullying ordinance “disgusting.” The bill was voted down after some conservative lawmakers expressed concern that it might be used to promote acceptance of homosexuality.
A body was found earlier this week in the newly-vacated building that formerly housed the Gerber/Hart LGBT library.
Illinois State Rep. Greg Harris (D-Chicago) has pulled his bill to legalize same-sex marriage in the state, but he says in a published report that he will introduce legislation again when the time is right.
The Center on Halsted LGBT community center will soon celebrate five years in operation with a gala expected to attract 1,500 people.
The Howard Brown Health Care Center, a medical clinic that primarily serves the gay and lesbian community, has agreed to return $715,000 to the federal government in the wake of a misspending scandal two years ago.
The Gerber/Hart LGBT library has announced plans to move to a new site on Clark Street in Rogers Park.
Chicago will be the site for the filming of a new independent holiday movie, which will take a new look at Charles Dickens’ “A Christmas Carol” from a gay perspective.
Now that Illinois allows civil unions for unmarried couples, and other states are allowing same-sex couples to get married, Illinois tourism officials are trying to market the state to the gay and lesbian community.
The Gerber/Hart Library and Archives of gay and lesbian resources remains very much in operation, but will soon be moving from its longtime location just south of Loyola University.
Indiana is now the second state to offer a license plate promoting benefiting LGBT causes.
Though they found Francis Cardinal George’s apology for linking gay rights activists to the KKK “woefully inadequate,” a group that had planned to protest outside Holy Name Cathedral Sunday has canceled the protest.
- 3 Jump Off Roof Of Trump Tower Wearing ParachutesA trio of daredevils broke onto the roof of the Trump Tower overnight and jumped off using parachutes.158
- Man Charged With Sex Trafficking For Second Time In Cook CountyA man previously convicted of sex trafficking in Cook County has been charged again, this time for allegedly kidnapping a Minnesota woman and bringing her to Chicago to work in the sex trade.201
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!