Aldermen are expected to give final approval later this week to a $156,000 settlement in the case of two brothers beaten by Chicago police officers when the young men were mistaken for a pair of robbers as they left the liquor store where they work.
The photograph that arrived on Detective Cpl. Michael Barnes’ desk was worth more than the proverbial thousand words.
On a muggy August night in 2010, a cabal of would-be robbers conspired to break into a northwest Indiana social club for the cash they thought they’d find. Before dawn, the six or more had killed two men, both innocent victims, but didn’t even steal enough cash to share with everyone, a witness told police.
It has been a year and a half since a McHenry man found tens of thousands of dollars in cash in his garden; and as he and two other people wind their way through the courts to claim it, one of them is telling more about how he lost thousands of dollars – instead of a bug.
A late night fire at a liquor store in Elgin on Wednesday left the business a complete loss.
One man died and five others were wounded when two gunmen sprayed a convenience store with bullets Thursday evening in the south side Auburn-Gresham neighborhood.
Seven people were killed and 18 more were wounded – including a Chicago Police officer – in a violent weekend on the streets of Chicago.
A Countryside liquor store owner is the victim of a Facebook-fueled campaign to hurt his business, which, he says, is based on a lie.
Several Chicago Police officers are under investigation, after two men say they were brutally beaten inside a Southwest Side liquor store.
A suspected robber was shot and killed, and an employee was wounded, during a holdup at a liquor store in the Auburn-Gresham neighborhood overnight.
A 4-year-old boy from Indiana is dead, after apparently shooting himself by accident inside a liquor store in far south suburban Beecher.
An 18-year-old man accused of robbing a Ford Heights liquor store has been arrested, thanks in part to a store owner who recognized him as “Lil Mike,” a frequent customer.
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.450
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!