The U.S. Supreme Court is giving Illinois’ attorney general more time to decide whether to appeal a ruling that the state’s ban on the public possession of firearms is unconstitutional.
The Lieutenant Governor of Illinois says there’s been progress for women, but not enough in terms of pay at an equal pay for women rally in downtown Chicago.
CHICAGO (CBS) — Gun control advocates are spending the day at the Thompson Center, speaking out against changing state law to allow people to carry concealed weapons, reports WBBM Political Editor Craig Dellimore. “As far […]
Activists staged a protest Thursday over Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan’s decision to wait until the legislature follows a court order and passes a new concealed carry law, rather than appeal the case to the U.S. Supreme Court.
Attorney General Lisa Madigan says with tax time rolling around it time to avoid the tax anticipation scam that has you paying the tax prep firm to get money that you’ll get anyway, and maybe just as fast, reports WBBM’s John Cody.
Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan has joined the federal government and 13 other attorneys general in suing for changes in the way Standard & Poor’s rates mortgage bonds.
Governor Quinn has signed a new law that allows undocumented immigrants the right to obtain a drivers license.
Two brothers are accused of trying to bilk the state of millions of dollars in gasoline taxes that consumers paid at the pump.
As discussions swirl about who will run for governor next year, one big question is: should Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan choose to challenge Gov. Pat Quinn, will her father, House Speaker Mike Madigan, step down to avoid a possible conflict of interest?
The focus returned to hot button issues like gun control, for which U.S. Sen. Dick Durbin (D-IL) and Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel have been pushing hard. Some Democrats in Congress have been hoping for compromise on at least part of their agenda.
Illinois’ attorney general on Tuesday asked the entire 7th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals to review a lawsuit challenging the state’s ban on concealed carry in an effort to salvage the only law in the nation that makes the practice entirely illegal.
There are about 40,000 drunk driving arrests in Illinois each year.
As the holidays approach, Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan has released her annual Safe Shopping Guide.
If voters have problems at the polls today, Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan says: Call her office.
Feeling hosed at the gas pump? So is the State of Illinois. Multiple agencies are finally starting to reap the rewards of a multi-year investigation targeting gas station owners who withhold sales tax revenue.
A court order issued Friday requires south suburban Sauk Village to continue supplying bottled water to residents who request it, according to Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan’s office.
Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan and the U.S. Department of Justice have reached a $175 million settlement with Wells Fargo on claims that the bank steered African-Americans and Latinos into risky subprime loans.
Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan is hoping to educate people regarding the potential to get taken for a ride when buying a used car.
Remember the Skechers “toning” workout shoes that promised the world? Weight loss, improved circulation, even eliminating cellulite? On Wednesday, the company agreed to pay $50 million to settle lawsuits accusing them of misleading advertising.
The Illinois High School Association girls state track and field meet will be held this weekend in Charleston, Ill., — and Fenwick’s Mary Kate Callahan won’t be taking part.
- Should Indoor Sprinklers Be Mandatory For New Homes?Safety advocates say new construction should include indoor sprinklers to make homes more fireproof. CBS 2's Chris Martinez looks at both sides of the debate.149
- Cop Shoots Trucker In Parking Lot Of Merrillville, Ind. Planned ParenthoodA police-involved shooting occurred in the parking lot of a Planned Parenthood office in Merrillville, Ind. Monday afternoon.254
- 25 Years Ago, Laurie Dann Went On Deadly Rampage On North ShoreIt was 25 years ago today when a tragedy unfolded in Winnetka.246
- Neighbor’s Dog Seriously Injures 9-Year-Old BoyA nephew of the dog owner was able to pull the animal off the boy, who suffered bites to his arms and legs.321
- Storms Likely On Monday Afternoon, EveningWarm, humid air over Chicago is likely to create some strong, isolated thunderstorms around the evening rush hour on Monday.431
- Three Teens Arrested After Large Fight On Lakefront On South SideThree teens were arrested on Sunday, after police broke up a large fight along the lakefront in the Jackson Park neighborhood.337
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!