Hookah bars can be a unique experience to treat your guests for a special event or private party. There are a variety of different hookah bars in Chicago that cater to larger groups and can make for a unique experience that won’t soon be forgotten.
If you are trying to bring some life into your next big social event in Chicago, these DJs have just what your guests’ ears ordered.
From Aug. 3-5 Grant Park in Chicago will be overrun by musicians and music fans due to the Lollapalooza music festival. Check out some of the must-see performer’s that will be gracing the stages at the 2012 festival.
Have you been rocking out into a hairbrush in front of the bathroom mirror for as long as you can remember? Working hard on your stage presence in private? Take your passions out in to the open and perform with a live band.
For the under-21 crowd that’s looking for a fun place to party, Chicago has it all. Check out where to go and what to do for a late night with your group this week.
With some 700 acts from which to choose at the world’s largest music festival, place these new sites and not-to-miss performances on the sked for summer 2012.
Get ready to party during Pride Weekend in Chicago. Who says you need to turn in early during Pride Weekend? Check out these nightclubs and bars to keep partying into the early hours.
Summer time means it is time for the largest free blues festival in the world to once again take place in Chicago at Grant Park. Check out this year’s highlights and must-see performers.
Looking for great food and drinks to enjoy alongside the company of like-minded, free-thinkers such as yourself? Then look no further than this list of awesome haunts to enjoy just that.
When partying with a group of friends it can be a lot of fun to partake in the ultimate clubbing experience. What better way to really live it up than with bottles of your favorite spirits with your favorite people?
Looking to get your rumba, salsa, or tango on? Chicago is no stranger to great live Latin music. Be sure to check out any of the following Chicago venues; they all offer the chance to enjoy free live music in a casual atmosphere. Brush up on Latin moves, put your dancing shoes on and go check out one of these local hotspots.
Watch UFC fights on big screen televisions while enjoying beer and food at any of these local bars in Chicago.
Tom Schleiter knows a thing or two about Chicago’s music scene. The 25-year-old, who lives in Logan Square, is a professional songwriter and music producer. He got his foot in the industry while at Miami University studying sound recording. Bad City was his second band, which signed with Atlantic Records, made a record with Chicago producer Johnny K, and toured with Smashing Pumpkins, Slash, and KISS…
As much as it’s known for its food, its sports teams, its politics and its skyline, Chicago’s rich musical heritage should top any list of treasures that make the city great. As the birthplace of “Chicago-style” blues to a hotbed for the ‘90s alternative rock scene, the Windy City has been home to some of the most important and influential artists in modern music.
here’s comfort in frequenting a bar that you already know you like. You can find me a couple blocks from my apartment, perched at a highboy by the window, pint in hand with my friends. But there comes a time to break the monotony and shake things up. I like these five bars for five very different reasons. Check them out and find a new place to call your own!
If you’re looking to add some entertainment to your nightlife read about Jellies and a few of Chicago’s other upcoming options!
The season of day-drinking is upon us and Chicagoans couldn’t be more ready to enjoy our Sundays in style. The quaint neighborhood of Roscoe Village offers a perfect lineup of places to visit on a lazy Sunday afternoon.
These venues all made the cut because of a focused conviction to presenting Chicagoans the best in up-and-coming musicians as well as providing a haven for intimate concerts with larger bands.
Chicago is home to several live music venues. Whether you want to rock out to an underground band, sing the blues or dance to samba or hip-hop, chances are a local bar has something for you. Here are five suggestions on where to hear live music in Chicago:
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!