For the full schedule to this year’s Lollapalooza music fest, click here.
From a spring concert set among an historic home to a summer-long festival, Chicago is the place to be for music lovers. Check out the following performances the next time you’re in the mood to hear a live concert.
Single-day tickets for Lollapalooza sold out in less than two hours on Wednesday.
Music fans wasted no time Tuesday morning snapping up early-bird specials for this year’s Lollapalooza music festival.
Mason Johnson knows nothing about horoscopes or astrology. Seriously. When he was six, his mom thought it was funny to make him stick his head out the car window and scream, “What’s your sign?” at women walking by. That is the extent of his experience. Also, Mason is an Aquarius… ladies.
Late Sunday afternoon at Lollapalooza a golf cart was making its way across the grass in the artists’ area backstage. There was a man in the driver’s seat and a woman behind him, and also another passenger: a tray of golden-brown lobster corndogs. The cart’s destination? The bungalow of Texas rock band At the Drive-In, who had just finished their set on the nearby Red Bull SoundStage.
Two people have been charged with assault, for allegedly threatening and punching an 11-year-old girl who would not give them her souvenir beach ball Sunday night downtown near the Lollapalooza music festival.
An Elgin couple is claiming they suffered injuries at this past weekend’s Lollapalooza festival.
Heavy rain plus thousands of Lollapalooza concert-goers stripped away much of the grass and left mud behind over the weekend.
Rainstorms on Saturday forced the temporary evacuation of Lollapalooza, but after the crowds returned, some of the fields of Grant Park were left covered with mud.
Two men who got into a fight with each other late Saturday in Grant Park just after the Lollapalooza music festival ended, in which one of them slashed the other with a knife, will not pursue charges against each other, police said.
Lollapalooza will close a half hour later than usual at 10:30 p.m. due to severe thunderstorms that passed through the Chicago area, which caused concert promoters to suspend the event.
A man who was stabbed collapsed on busy Michigan Avenue Friday night across from the Art Institute and not far from the Lollapalooza music festival.
You might think as Lollapalooza kicks off that the music festival would be the perfect incubator for Chicago’s new marijuana policy, but such is not the case.
From the Red Hot Chili Peppers to local bands trying to make it big, Lollapalooza kicks off Friday in Grant Park.
CBS 2′s Walter Jacobson is singing a happy song about the cultural and economic benefits of Lollapalooza. Now, if they can just do something about fans trashing Grant Park.
The summer music festival season is in full swing, and this weekend Lollapalooza, the mother of all modern-day U.S. music fests, returns to Chicago’s Grant Park for three days, August 3-5. It possesses one component many other festivals this summer do not: Culinary Director Graham Elliot.
Call them Lollapa-losers; the free-loaders who crashed the entrance gates at Lollapalooza last year without paying. No encores allowed this year.
What does August have in store for us? Read about the best events happening in Chicago right here!
The promoters behind Lollapalooza are outlining plans to protect Grant Park—where the outdoor music festival will be held next week.
- History Of Tornadoes In Chicago AreaThe massive EF-4 tornado to hit Moore, Okla., is very rare, but twisters with that kind of force have hit the Chicago area in the past, and have been extremely deadly.307
- High School Duo Has Never Missed A Day Of ClassThey say no one's perfect, but one school in the far southwestern suburbs has not just one, but two students who have achieved perfection in one area.136
- Deadly Oklahoma Tornado Serves As Reminder To Prepare For Disasters“Tornado sheltering basics involved three steps – get in, get down and cover-up. The overall goal is to avoid flying and falling debris by putting as many barriers between you and the tornado as possible,” according to one expert at the National Weather Service in Norman, Oklahoma.121
- Lightning Strikes Damage Two Homes OvernightAt least two homes in the Chicago area were struck by lightning overnight as heavy thunderstorms plowed through the region.198
- Police Seek Help Identifying Female Homicide VictimPolice are asking for help to identify the body of woman or teen girl found strangled and badly burned in a Northwest Side Avondale neighborhood Dumpster Sunday night.137
- Chicago Red Cross Joining Tornado Relief Effort In OklahomaThe American Red Cross of Greater Chicago has begun mobilizing to help with the relief effort in Oklahoma, after a devastating tornado killed dozens of people.362
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!