For the full schedule to this year’s Lollapalooza music fest, click here.
From a spring concert set among an historic home to a summer-long festival, Chicago is the place to be for music lovers. Check out the following performances the next time you’re in the mood to hear a live concert.
Single-day tickets for Lollapalooza sold out in less than two hours on Wednesday.
Music fans wasted no time Tuesday morning snapping up early-bird specials for this year’s Lollapalooza music festival.
Mason Johnson knows nothing about horoscopes or astrology. Seriously. When he was six, his mom thought it was funny to make him stick his head out the car window and scream, “What’s your sign?” at women walking by. That is the extent of his experience. Also, Mason is an Aquarius… ladies.
Late Sunday afternoon at Lollapalooza a golf cart was making its way across the grass in the artists’ area backstage. There was a man in the driver’s seat and a woman behind him, and also another passenger: a tray of golden-brown lobster corndogs. The cart’s destination? The bungalow of Texas rock band At the Drive-In, who had just finished their set on the nearby Red Bull SoundStage.
Two people have been charged with assault, for allegedly threatening and punching an 11-year-old girl who would not give them her souvenir beach ball Sunday night downtown near the Lollapalooza music festival.
An Elgin couple is claiming they suffered injuries at this past weekend’s Lollapalooza festival.
Heavy rain plus thousands of Lollapalooza concert-goers stripped away much of the grass and left mud behind over the weekend.
Rainstorms on Saturday forced the temporary evacuation of Lollapalooza, but after the crowds returned, some of the fields of Grant Park were left covered with mud.
Two men who got into a fight with each other late Saturday in Grant Park just after the Lollapalooza music festival ended, in which one of them slashed the other with a knife, will not pursue charges against each other, police said.
Lollapalooza will close a half hour later than usual at 10:30 p.m. due to severe thunderstorms that passed through the Chicago area, which caused concert promoters to suspend the event.
A man who was stabbed collapsed on busy Michigan Avenue Friday night across from the Art Institute and not far from the Lollapalooza music festival.
You might think as Lollapalooza kicks off that the music festival would be the perfect incubator for Chicago’s new marijuana policy, but such is not the case.
From the Red Hot Chili Peppers to local bands trying to make it big, Lollapalooza kicks off Friday in Grant Park.
CBS 2′s Walter Jacobson is singing a happy song about the cultural and economic benefits of Lollapalooza. Now, if they can just do something about fans trashing Grant Park.
The summer music festival season is in full swing, and this weekend Lollapalooza, the mother of all modern-day U.S. music fests, returns to Chicago’s Grant Park for three days, August 3-5. It possesses one component many other festivals this summer do not: Culinary Director Graham Elliot.
Call them Lollapa-losers; the free-loaders who crashed the entrance gates at Lollapalooza last year without paying. No encores allowed this year.
What does August have in store for us? Read about the best events happening in Chicago right here!
The promoters behind Lollapalooza are outlining plans to protect Grant Park—where the outdoor music festival will be held next week.
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- History Of Tornadoes In Chicago AreaTwisters with that kind of force that flattened Moore, Okla., have hit the Chicago area in the past, and have been extremely deadly.593
- Local Storm Chaser Describes ‘Sickening, Deafening Roar’ Of Oklahoma TornadoA south suburban man whose hobby is chasing storms was in Moore, Okla., on Monday when a massive tornado devastated the town, killing at least 24 people.224
- High School Duo Has Never Missed A Day Of ClassThey say no one's perfect, but one school in the far southwestern suburbs has not just one, but two students who have achieved perfection in one area.136
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!