While many questions still linger around Halas Hall in the wake of Lovie Smith’s firing earlier this week, one thing is certain: Smith’s players loved playing for him.
Well, this is never easy. Look, I think you’re a great guy. I do, really. Nine years! That’s a hell of a run. But it’s time.
While it basically comes down to winning and losing, there are specific reasons each of the seven coaches were dismissed.
As Bears general manager Phil Emery begins his search to find Lovie Smith’s replacement, he’ll do so by interviewing Packers offensive coordinator Tom Clements.
It wasn’t much, but it could be enough to stir the last remnants of aging Ditkaphiles, so look out. Some still live among us, and still have the navy-blue sweater.
Bears general manager Phil Emery said Tuesday it was a “tough decision” to fire Lovie Smith as head coach after nine years on the job, but he said the team did not have enough offensive success under Smith, and it was time to go in a new direction.
CBS 2′s Mike Parker sat down with Iron Mike to get his take on the Chicago Bears’ firing of one of his successors, Lovie Smith.
No matter who the Bears find to replace Lovie Smith, the franchise is going to make a concerted effort to improve the offense.
Maybe Hester was overreacting in the heat of the moment, but the writing is on the wall: his days as a Chicago Bear are over.
We’re just minutes into the post-Lovie Smith era, but as we await official word from general manager Phil Emery, I thought I’d take a quick glance at a few names to watch for the Bears’ new head coaching vacancy.
The Bears decided to fire head coach Lovie Smith after nine seasons. Was it the right call?
The Bears have fired head coach Lovie Smith after nine seasons.
The Bears need general manager availability, with Phil Emery standing at the lectern to announce the future direction of the franchise, today. ASAP.
Even before the Bears were eliminated from the playoffs on Sunday, some Bears fans were calling for the ouster of head coach Lovie Smith.
Adrian Peterson and the Minnesota Vikings ended the Bears’ season Sunday with a 37-34 win over the Green Bay Packers, sending Lovie Smith and his coaching staff home to await word on their future in Chicago.
Here are my grades following the Bears’ 26-24 win over the Lions Sunday at Ford Field:
Cutler threw for 257 yards and a touchdown and helped seal the game with a late scramble, as the Bears won 26-24 against the Lions on Sunday.
So many questions, so much speculation, but given all measurable criteria, the need for change is obvious.
Dave Toub understands the criticism the coaching staff is receiving, but he insists that Smith is the right man for the Bears.
If the Bears lose to the Lions Sunday in Detroit, it could be the end of an era. It could be the last time they play for head coach Lovie Smith.
- Should Indoor Sprinklers Be Mandatory For New Homes?Safety advocates say new construction should include indoor sprinklers to make homes more fireproof. CBS 2's Chris Martinez looks at both sides of the debate.149
- Cop Shoots Trucker In Parking Lot Of Merrillville, Ind. Planned ParenthoodA police-involved shooting occurred in the parking lot of a Planned Parenthood office in Merrillville, Ind. Monday afternoon.254
- 25 Years Ago, Laurie Dann Went On Deadly Rampage On North ShoreIt was 25 years ago today when a tragedy unfolded in Winnetka.246
- Neighbor’s Dog Seriously Injures 9-Year-Old BoyA nephew of the dog owner was able to pull the animal off the boy, who suffered bites to his arms and legs.321
- Storms Likely On Monday Afternoon, EveningWarm, humid air over Chicago is likely to create some strong, isolated thunderstorms around the evening rush hour on Monday.431
- Three Teens Arrested After Large Fight On Lakefront On South SideThree teens were arrested on Sunday, after police broke up a large fight along the lakefront in the Jackson Park neighborhood.337
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!