Major League Baseball
Former baseball slugger Jose Canseco Jr. has been accused of sexual assault in Las Vegas, in an investigation that the former baseball slugger made public with postings on a social media website claiming that a woman falsely accused him of rape.
Look at Mark Buehrle at the 1:35 mark. Look at R.A. Dickey at 1:50. The color leaving the faces of J.A. Happ’s Toronto Blue Jays teammates as blood exited his head.
An advocate for the surviving players from Negro league baseball is hoping a new film about Jackie Robinson – who broke the color barrier in Major League Baseball – will lead to more recognition for the former players.
Take a look at the American League standings. There’s something very wrong going on.
If the saying, ‘You’re only as old as you feel’ is true, then former Major Leaguer Tony Phillips must feel pretty good.
There’s nothing worse than sitting in the stands at your favorite team’s game and realizing you have to go to the bathroom.
Major League Baseball on Friday sued a now-shuttered South Florida clinic and its operators, accusing them of scheming to provide banned performance-enhancing drugs to players in violation of their contracts.
I love Major League Baseball. But Major League Baseball is wearing me out.
Major League Baseball will test for human growth hormone throughout the regular season and will step up efforts to track the use of artificial testosterone.
Six-figure bids are expected when an auction house sells a rare 148-year-old baseball card that was discovered at a yard sale in rural Maine, the auction house manager said Wednesday.
Steroid-tainted stars Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens and Sammy Sosa have been denied entry to baseball’s Hall of Fame with voters failing to elect any candidates for only the second time in four decades.
While playing in a Dominican Republic winter league on Sunday, Bartolo Colon took a line drive off the mouth, resulting in his hospitalization.
A league source told 670 The Score Thursday that the White Sox reached out to Major League Baseball and were assured that catcher A.J. Pierzynski will not be suspended for using a banned substance.
If you don’t remember Adam Greenberg, it’s because his career with the Cubs ended almost as quickly as it started.
Veteran White Sox left-handed reliever Matt Thornton has had his share of rough outings this season.
So, why not have MLB send its top minor leaguers to the Olympics?
More instant replay may be coming to baseball sooner rather than later.
With a slew of all-time greats in their first year of eligibility for Major League Baseball’s Hall of Fame, the summer of 2013 should be a banner one for Cooperstown.
Just like with baseball’s record books, steroids pretty much ruined the derby. Or they at least messed the event up a lot.
Unlike in the NFL, NBA and NHL, Major League Baseball doesn’t allow its teams to trade their draft choices.
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Senate Passes Ban On Handheld Cell Phones While DrivingThe proposal says drivers must use hands-free devices or speakerphone features.127
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!