Is she a wedding planner now? We’re talking about Cook County treasurer Maria Pappas.
Have you seen an envelope from the government of Cook County in the mail today, with news inside about how our tax dollars are being spent?
Treasurer Maria Pappas has outed the towns, school districts and other taxing bodies with balance sheets that will make you cringe. CBS 2 Chief Correspondent Jay Levine reports.
She’s the Cook County Treasurer – the woman responsible for collecting property taxes, but now the Better Government Association has found the county did not collect thousands of dollars it should have gotten from Maria Pappas and her husband years ago.
Property owners who still haven’t paid their 2010 taxes are receiving one last chance to make good on their bills.
Cook County Treasurer Maria Pappas says the State’s Attorney is working to recover almost $7 million her office overpaid to the City of Country Club Hills and has yet to get back.
A new study shows how far and how fast taxes have been going up in various municipalities in Cook County.
The second installment of Cook County property taxes is tentatively due in the first week of November, Cook County Treasurer Maria Pappas announced this week.
A report from Cook County Treasurer Maria Pappas claims taxpayers countywide are on the hook for more than $108 billion in debt accrued by various government agencies.
In its third report on questionable spending, CBS 2 and the Better Government Association shine a light on how your taxpayer dollars are being spent by Maria Pappas’ administration.
Cook County Treasurer Maria Pappas is making some big changes after the 2 Investigators and the Better Government Association raised questions about the high salaries paid to her driver, her cleaning lady and now her party planners.
CBS 2′s Walter Jacobson hopes there are more investigative reports into questionable job assignments in county government, following Pam Zekman’s story on the treasurer’s personal driver.
The 2 Investigators reported earlier this week that Treasurer Maria Pappas has what appears to be personal servants on the public payroll.
She has a driver who makes $94,000 a year and a cleaning lady making $57,000 a year. Is Cook County Treasurer Maria Pappas wasting tax dollars?
Cook County Treasurer Maria Pappas is pushing the County Board to pass an ordinance requiring all local taxing districts to reveal their pension fund shortfalls.
No fewer than six possible candidates for mayor attended the Columbus Day Parade on Monday. CBS 2 Chief Correspondent Jay Levine reports.
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Bakery Blunder Makes ‘Cat Cake’ A Viral SensationOf all the cat memes on the Internet, this one takes the cake.900
- Search Dog Tracks Missing Student To LakefrontVolunteers, friends and family were out in force Tuesday morning, resuming the search for a missing University of Chicago student.586
- Initial Tests ID Glittery Substance Along BeachIndiana environmental officials were investigating whether a Porter County manufacturer was responsible for a slick of glittery material that kept many swimmers out of Porter Beach on Monday.1095
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!