Richard Strum went behind the wheel of his Ford Mustang while he had marijuana in his system and crashed into Claudia Delia’s Honda Civic while it was parked at Austin and Sunnyside avenues in the Jefferson Park neighborhood, Cook County prosecutors said.
A small but spirited group of people gathered in Daley Plaza to voice support for legalization of marijuana, reports WBBM’s Bob Roberts.
A Chicago woman angered that her husband had smoked all their marijuana is charged with starting a fire inside a west suburban apartment.
Michael Moreno was involved in a road rage incident with another vehicle. Following the incident, he chased the other vehicle, then crashed into Gerald Puglise’s motorcycle, killing Puglise.
A bartender from the North Side Andersonville neighborhood faces a handful of traffic offenses and a felony cannabis charge after a crash with a police car in the Rogers Park neighborhood Tuesday night that injured two officers.
Police serving a warrant to a resident of the 3300 block of Sunnybrook Street found four adults smoking marijuana in the living room while a 3-year-old was locked in a bathroom down the hall.
Police have busted a sophisticated indoor pot-growing operation at a home in the Irving Park neighborhood.
CBS 2 has learned a Chicago police officer is being investigated for allegedly supplying a group of minors with marijuana while he was off-duty.
Two teenagers picked the wrong place to smoke pot in Naperville, police say.
A top Chicago police official says there won’t be any more marijuana growing in a large secluded prairie on the Southeast Side.
The principal and assistant principal of a north suburban middle school subjected a 13-year-old boy to a strip search — visible to anyone outside the conference room they were in — because they suspected he had marijuana, according to a federal lawsuit filed by the boy’s mother.
Chicago police have located a massive marijuana field on the South Side.
Exposure of a $7 million marijuana growing operation downstate has led to drug charges against two Chicago men.
Prosecutors say a man had marijuana in his system when he caused a crash that killed a long-time music teacher in the Elgin schools.
You might think as Lollapalooza kicks off that the music festival would be the perfect incubator for Chicago’s new marijuana policy, but such is not the case.
The City Council has passed an ordinance that will make the possession of small amounts of marijuana punishable only by a ticket in most cases.
A City Council panel has given the first stage of approval to Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s plan to allow police to issue tickets to people caught with small amounts of marijuana, rather than making arrests in all such cases.
The city’s most influential alderman on Monday said he had serious concerns about Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s plan to decriminalize possession of small amounts of marijuana.
A proposal to lighten the penalties for possessing small amounts of marijuana in Chicago has the backing of Mayor Rahm Emanuel.
A 30-year old former Lake County prosecutor’s law license, as he has admitted to having a drug dealer as a roommate while he was sometimes handling drug cases.
- Three Stabbed On Northwest SideThree teenagers were stabbed in the Belmont Cragin area Thursday night on the Northwest Side.88
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.265
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- RT @Millennium_Park: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole … 10 hours ago
- RT @ChicagoDCASE: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole htt… 10 hours ago