When the White Sox traded Sergio Santos to the Blue Jays, they didn’t just lose one of their best young pitchers.
Though Reed is the youngest and least experienced of the three, he likely is the leader for the job going into Spring Training.
According to multiple reports, the White Sox have signed ex-Rays first baseman Dan Johnson to a minor league contract.
Gone are longtime ace Mark Buehrle and closer Sergio Santos — two moves that surprised pitching coach Don Cooper.
Consider the White Sox a dangerous dark horse in 2012. To get you ready for the off-season, here are five burning White Sox questions for the winter.
Alexei Ramirez’s seventh-inning single broke the game’s final tie and led Chicago to a 5-4 win over the Cleveland Indians on Tuesday night, giving the White Sox a split of the day-night doubleheader.
Brent Morel continued his torrid pace in September. It just wasn’t enough to lift the Chicago White Sox over the Royals.
Philip Humber and Chris Sale gave the Chicago White Sox exactly what the team needed after a lost weekend. Humber pitched seven scoreless innings and Chicago beat the Minnesota Twins 2-1 Monday in the first game of a day-night doubleheader.
Justin Verlander got his 14th win and Wilson Betemit had a two-out, go-ahead single in the eighth inning Tuesday night as the Detroit Tigers beat the Chicago White Sox 5-4 and increased their lead in the AL Central.
The White Sox are reportedly in talks with the St. Louis Cardinals about acquiring center fielder Colby Rasmus. The Cardinals need pitching help.
One of the biggest White Sox storylines during the first two weeks of the season was the White Sox bullpen. Today, the bullpen is also a significant storyline, but for different reasons.
Matt Thornton is salvaging his season after a rough start, he has a 3.45 ERA, 30 strikeouts in 31.1 innings pitched and has recorded 10 holds.
One of the problems the Chicago White Sox have had this season has been the back-end of their bullpen, Matt Thornton blew saves at the beginning of the season, and Sergio Santos had some trouble this past week.
After being named the team’s closer in spring training, Matt Thornton had a rough start to the 2011 season. He gave up eight earned runs in 8.1 innings in April, but began to turn his season around in May.
Alexei Ramirez hit his fifth home run of the year and drove in two runs, Mark Buehrle pitched 6 1/3 strong innings and the White Sox bullpen didn’t give up a run, giving the Sox a 4-3 win over the Oakland Athletics on Sunday.
By now, you’re tired of hearing it’s early. Me too. As expert after expert tells you that there is still a ton of baseball to be played, I keep looking at the calendar thinking one thing: It’s time to make a move.
Gordon Beckham knew it wasn’t a run-on-contact situation. The ball needed to get all the way through the infield before he could head home.
The White Sox’s start to the season has Jerry Reinsdorf in the middle of a bad dream.
As the season progresses, bullpen struggles are becoming more and more common for the Chicago White Sox, and it’s beginning to frustrate manager Ozzie Guillen.
Ozzie Guillen finally lost his cool after Wednesday’s 7-4 loss to the Athletics. Frankly, it’s about time and he had about six good reasons to do so.
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.1141
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.524
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!