McCormick Tribune Ice Rink
Most of us wish there was a seasonal fast-forward button for the winter temperatures, but like it or not, there are a few things that are fun to experience during the colder days, especially when you know spring is just around the corner. Take advantage of the last days of winter with a few fun winter activities.
There is no shortage of fun, free things to do this holiday season in the Chicago loop! Chicago Loop Alliance’s (CLA) fourth annual Winter WonderLoop will surprise and delight pedestrians in downtown Chicago this winter with “Random Acts of Holidays” from 11 a.m.-4 p.m. on each Saturday from Dec. 1-22, 2012. Specific details on these free, family-friendly experiences around the Loop will be announced each morning…
With the Thanksgiving holiday already past, now is the time to really venture out and celebrate the festive season of lights. As Christmas day draws near, these recommended area attractions will bring much joy and peace to everyone in the family.
Once you’ve pushed yourself to brave the lower temperatures, you’ll find that Chicago does have some fun winter activities to offer.
Ice skating is not only a great way to exercise, it’s a fun activity. Whether it’s your first time on the ice or you’re a seasoned skater, an ice rink is a great place for an outing with friends, a first date or a family event.
While the return of the sun and gradually warming temperatures mean that spring really is on its way to the Chicago area, it also means ice skating enthusiasts will have to wait until the onset of next winter to take part in this activity outdoors.
Whether you are as graceful as Michelle Kwan or a total disaster on skates, ice skating is a time-honored Chicago winter tradition. Plus, it is a ton of fun. Seriously, it is. Your kids will think so too.
Millennium Park is my absolute favorite destination for Chicago families – in any season. During the summer months, families can splash around in the Crown Fountain, enjoy a free outdoor concert, or take advantage of […]
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.368
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.345
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!