Megan Horst Hatch
If you think independent bookstores in Chicago only sell books and magazines, think again. The following community-focused independent bookstores offer a slew of activities and events for readers of all ages.
Jobs from health care to sales are all seeing increases in listings in the Chicago metro area.
Get an inside look at what it takes to be a clinic coordinator for a public health department.
Do you have a comedy routine you’d like to try out or feel like sharing your latest poetry? Head to one of these open mics in Chicago to show off your stuff.
Professional and business services jobs showed significant gains year over year in the Chicago metro area.
Patty Nedved believes advanced degrees help nurses gain a better perspective on patient care.
Ready to get your off-highway vehicle a bit dirty? Head out to the following off-road sites near Chicago for an adventure that’s literally off the beaten path.
Don’t let the heat beat you this summer. Cool off by exploring these new Chicago museum exhibits.
Debra Albert in Chicago explains the role that education has played in her career as chief nursing officer.
Time’s ticking until Mother’s Day on May 12. Do you need help finding a gift? Check out the following independent stores for tips on what to get mom.
If you want to go off the beaten path in Chicago, check out the following specialty bookstores.
For a unique Mother’s Day gift, you can’t go wrong with a homemade craft from your child. The following crafts are geared to specific ages, but all are sure to delight mom.
From clothes to food, keep these tips from a Chicago guide in mind when packing for your trip.
From burlesque shows to trivia nights, the Chicagoland area offers numerous opportunities for fans of the “Star Wars” films to celebrate May the Fourth.
Computer and mathematical-related jobs are in high demand in the Chicago metro area.
Intensive Care Unit Manager Barb Pudelek explains why education is at the heart of her career.
Plan your next vacation in a rustic cabin or lodge in the great outdoors. From forest preserves in the suburbs to cottages in southwest Michigan, there are plenty of places to plan a relaxing vacation within two hours of Chicago.
After months of snow, ice and cold weather, it’s time to embrace the warm weather of spring. From kite flying to festivals, celebrating the arrival of spring in the Chicagoland area has never been so fun.
From a spring concert set among an historic home to a summer-long festival, Chicago is the place to be for music lovers. Check out the following performances the next time you’re in the mood to hear a live concert.
Whether you want to learn about compost or find out how you can save an endangered species, the Chicagoland area has numerous activities planned for Earth Day.
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.189
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Senate Passes Ban On Handheld Cell Phones While DrivingThe proposal says drivers must use hands-free devices or speakerphone features.127
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!