Chris Fowler scored 16 points and dished out eight assists, and Central Michigan snapped a 10-game losing streak with a 69-50 victory at Northern Illinois on Saturday night.
Course strategist Mike Davis’ examination is not the true/false test that had been the personality of the U.S. Open down through the years. For the players this week at Congressional, there are multiple-choice questions with an occasional essay thrown in.
Mike Davis tied his season high with 22 points, Demetri McCamey added 17 points and seven assists and Illinois dominated UNLV 73-62.
It’s filled with potential potholes and a bunch of hazard cones (orange ones, of course), and the only exit ramp off it leads straight back to Champaign.
The Fighting Illini got revenge for an earlier defeat at the hands of the Hoosiers and improved their chances for an NCAA tournament bid on Saturday by dominating Indiana 72-48 in Champaign.
When the Fighting Illini seniors look back on their four years of college basketball, some of their fondest memories will be of their hoarse-throated coach Bruce Weber and his temper.
Frustrated Illini basketball fans don’t want to hear it. Frantic Bruce Weber critics don’t want to hear it. And, heck, to be honest, I don’t really want to hear it, either.
That ‘it’ is the toughness, leadership and fight that has been absent all season for the Fighting Illini. Tuesday night’s 89-70 loss to Ohio State was another example of ‘it’ not being there.
The Illinois Fighting Illini started the season strong, but has recently lost their edge. Coach Bruce Weber knows the talent is their, all that seems to be missing is some leadership and toughness in his players.
Illinois had a strong push to beat Indiana Thursday night, leading the first half and holding their own during the second. The Indiana Hoosiers took the lead and held Illinois in their place during the final 40 seconds.
Northwestern didn’t have a chance when they took the court against Illinois. The Fighting Illini took a 23 point lead at the half. The Wildcats put up a second half fight, but were too far behind for a comeback.
Illinois led the Wisconsin Badgers early and stayed ahead, snapping Wisconsin’s seven game win streak.
Illinois made the first half look easy against Northern Colorado, leading to their seventh straight win this season. Northern Colorado made a strong push during the second half, but Illini held on to an 86-76 victory.
They both played high school ball on a team with a more glamorous teammate (Bracey Wright and Evan Turner). Each entered college with a ton of talent – and probably a few too many pounds. But one worked his way into shape, led his team to the national championship game and became a first-round NBA pick.
Illinois out-shot the Bulldogs in both halves of the game Saturday, launching a barrage of three-pointers for the 73-61 victory.
With the Big Ten Conference winning the Big Ten/ACC Challenge for the first time in eleven tries last season, both Illinois and Northwestern looked to do their part this year in ensuring that conference bragging rights would stay in the Midwest for at least one more year.
The Fighting Illini have started their season strong. After a 3-0 start, Illinois will face its first real test when they take on Texas at the 2K Sports Classic.
Illinois coach Bruce Weber’s seniors answered his call Wednesday night when No. 13 Illinois beat Toledo 84-45 in the second round of the 2K Sports Classic.
Illinois is returning all five starters from last year’s team. Tonight, they start their season with UC Irivine as part of the 2K Sports Classic and with high hopes for championship run.
CHAMPAIGN, Ill. (AP) Demetri McCamey is considered one of the best college basketball players in the country. The Illinois senior point guard is a finalist for the Wooden Award. He had more than 250 assists […]
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Student Pulled Over And Robbed By Phony Police OfficerA man driving an unmarked white Ford Crown Victoria with interior flashing red and blue lights pulled the student over near Ballard and Bender roads in Des Plaines as she was driving to school around 7:30 a.m. on May 20.340
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!