Ryan Braun hit a three-run homer in the fifth then was ejected three innings later, and the Milwaukee Brewers won their seventh straight, 4-2 over the Chicago Cubs on Sunday.
Three errors, including a crucial throwing miscue by starting pitcher Edwin Jackson, left Chicago Cubs manager Dale Sveum in a sour mood after a 5-1 loss to the Milwaukee Brewers on Saturday night.
Milwaukee Brewers pitcher Yovani Gallardo has been cited for drunken driving after authorities said he drove with a blood-alcohol content nearly three times the legal limit.
Tonight’s Cubs-Brewers game at Wrigley Field has been postponed due to a “forecast of rain and sub-freezing wind chills,” the team announced Wednesday afternoon.
Pinch-hitter Scott Hairston had a go-ahead sacrifice fly in the eighth inning and David DeJesus added a two-run single, lifting the Chicago Cubs over the Milwaukee Brewers 6-3 on Tuesday night.
The Brewers could be without manager Ron Roenicke tonight when they face the Cubs at Wrigley Field.
When the final out was recorded in the Cubs loss to the Brewers in Monday’s home opener, the city of Chicago was still waiting.
White Sox starter Dylan Axelrod came on in relief and threw 5 1-3 scoreless innings before tiring in the eighth. Axelrod, scheduled to start Friday against Seattle, was pulled after RBI doubles by Jonathan Lucroy and Sean Halton.
In the long-term, Jean Segura could be a Brewers fixture at shortstop for the next few years.
It’s been a tough week for baseball general managers.
The sausage thieves have returned the missing link.
Prepare your best sausage jokes.
Milwaukee Brewers slugger Ryan Braun said the person who ran the Florida clinic being investigated by Major League Baseball was used only as a consultant on his drug suspension appeal last year.
Mike Fiers tossed 7 1-3 solid innings to lead the Milwaukee Brewers to a 3-1 win over the Cubs on Wednesday night, their eighth straight victory against Chicago.
Jeff Bianchi hit a three-run shot for his first big league homer, leading the Milwaukee Brewers to a 4-1 win over the Chicago Cubs on Tuesday night.
Ryan Braun hit his NL-leading 34th home run of the season, Yovani Gallardo pitched seven strong innings and the Milwaukee Brewers completed a three-game sweep of the Chicago Cubs with a 3-2 victory Wednesday.
Marco Estrada allowed two hits in six solid innings to win for the first time in almost a year, leading the Milwaukee Brewers over the Chicago Cubs 5-2 Tuesday night.
Brewers general manager Doug Melvin confirmed Thursday the team is taking calls to move veteran starter Zack Greinke.
The White Sox are interested in trading for Brewers right-hander Zack Greinke, according to CBSSports.com’s Jon Heyman.
Raul Mondesi Jr. of the Brewers minor league system stepped with up to the plate with two outs in the 10th inning and his team trailing 2-0. Mondesi proceeded to smack a two-run home run, seemingly tying the game at 2.
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!