The man in charge of promoting Chicago conventions and tourism is backpedaling on reports quoting him as saying that the recent crime wave in the city is going to damage his best efforts, unless it is quickly quelled.
The head of the Chicago Transit Authority said he hopes surveillance cameras aboard CTA trains and at CTA stations will act as a deterrent to more mob attacks like the ones that occurred this past weekend.
A memo has been sent out to thousands of employees of Northwestern Memorial Hospital, warning of two recent mob attacks on doctors – one near Prentice Women’s Hospital, the other a few blocks north of the Northwestern hospital campus.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel was trying to reassure the public that Chicago Police are moving quickly to stop the kind of mob attacks which occurred this past weekend, as well as the spike in gang violence this year.
In a weekend marred by a rash of shootings that left at least eight people dead and 40 wounded – as well as three violent mob attacks on innocent people in and around downtown, police Supt. Garry McCarthy emphasizes that the problem of violence in Chicago is “not going to be solved overnight.”
Eight people have been charged with mob action, after four people were hurt in at least three mob attacks in and near downtown over the weekend.
Violent mob attacks inside the festival grounds have marred the Wisconsin State Fair in suburban Milwaukee.
The Rev. Jesse Jackson on Friday said more structure and activity for Chicago youth could go a long way to prevent the teenage mob violence that has been seen in the city in recent weeks.
It’s been a violent start to the summer, with a string of mob attacks close to downtown leaving people wondering about safety at the Taste of Chicago starting today.
With school out and in the wake of mob attacks along the lakefront, the Chicago Police Department is making a big show of force along the beaches and Michigan Avenue.
Police Supt. Garry McCarthy on Tuesday downplayed the significance of mob attacks in the downtown area, and said police are “on top of” the situation.
Rwandan President Paul Kagame was in Chicago over the weekend, addressing expatriates who gathered in the city for a two-day event.
New Chicago Police Supt. Garry McCarthy says officers are going to “clamp down very hard” against the perpetrators of mob violence near downtown.
Have news reports about mobs of teenagers rampaging along the Gold Coast and Streeterville eclipsed stories about ongoing gang violence in poorer neighborhoods?
A few “bad teens” may have started the series of mob attacks in Chicago. But is their action making life difficult for other teens who just want to enjoy the city?
A suburban teenager is one of the latest victims of an attack in downtown Chicago. He’s suffering from a punctured lung after the brutal attack at the hands of a mob ofyoung men.
UPDATED: 6/8/2011 11:29 p.m. CHICAGO (CBS) — The rash of mob attacks in the Streeterville neighborhood has tourism officials admitting the negative publicity could be bad for business during the busy summer season. With the […]
The City Council has approved Garry McCarthy as the new police superintendent, and he already has a heater case on his desk.
With another mob attack Tuesday night in the Gold Coast, and several more over the weekend, new Chicago Police Supt. Garry McCarthy has his hands full. He sat down with CBS 2 Chief Correspondent Jay Levine.
At least five teens have been charged in a string of mob-style attacks in the bustling Streeterville neighborhood over the weekend.
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!