Moody’s Investors Service
Gov. Pat Quinn has called for a special session of the Illinois General Assembly in two weeks, after the state’s credit rating was downgraded again over lawmakers’ failure to approve comprehensive pension reforms.
Gov. Pat Quinn says, when state lawmakers go back to Springfield for their final session before the new legislature takes over, addressing the pension mess has to be their top priority.
Moody’s Investor Services has downgraded the state’s credit outlook from stable to negative.
One of the nation’s bond rating agencies is out with another warning about the Chicago Public Schools system’s financial future.
Sen. Mark Kirk, still recovering from a major stroke, released a video Tuesday that calls for “decisive bipartisan action” to prevent further reductions in Illinois’ credit ratings.
Illinois edged closer to having its worst-in-the-nation credit rating lowered even further as a rating agency declared Thursday that failure to address massive pension problems is a “credit negative” for the state.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s administration on Friday took its second hit in one week from a Wall Street rating agency when Moody’s Investors Service dropped the bond rating on billions of dollars in O’Hare Airport bonds about to go to market.
On the same day Moody’s Investors Service downgraded the Chicago Public Schools’ bond rating, the Chicago Teachers Union slammed the district’s plan to raid its reserve funds to balance the budget as a stunt designed to turn the public against teachers.
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!