Eight people — including a 17-year-old boy left critically wounded — were shot Monday afternoon and evening throughout the city.
Two clerks at a Far South Side Morgan Park neighborhood beauty supply shop were pepper-sprayed when a man with a gun and a woman robbed the store Monday morning.
A man was shot to death Tuesday afternoon in the Morgan Park neighborhood on the Far South Side.
The son of an O’Hare Airport security officer was charged with fatally stabbing his father to death early Sunday in his Morgan Park neighborhood home.
Mason Johnson, 24, has been charged with first degree murder after the fatal stabbing of his father, Kenneth Johnson, on March 24 in the 11400 block of South Rockwell Street.
A man is in custody after his father was stabbed to death early Sunday in the Morgan Park neighborhood on the Far South Side, police said.
The crash involved a van or minibus that crashed into a tree.
The extra alarm fire at a Morgan Park condo left nearly 50 without a place to live.
Nearly 70 people lost everything this past weekend, when an extra-alarm fire ripped through their condo building in the Morgan Park neighborhood.
The alderman and state representative of Chicago’s Morgan Park neighborhood are pitching to help their neighbors who lost nearly everything in a weekend fire.
Firefighters have been battling an extra-alarm blaze at an apartment building in the Far South Side Morgan Park neighborhood for about an hour Saturday afternoon.
Police responded to a report of shots fired at Gately Stadium, but apparently it was a fight that caused spectators to flee.
A Chicago Police officer was shot and wounded Wednesday night in the Morgan Park neighborhood.
A 20-year-old man, who prosecutors and witnesess described as a longtime friend of former Chicago Public Schools basketball star Michael Haynes, was ordered held without bond Thursday, after being charged with Haynes’ murder.
One man was killed, and six more were injured, in shootings around Chicago overnight.
Authorities have charged a Far South Side man with the murder a former star athlete last month.
There is heavy friction between the Chicago police union and CeaseFire after the anti-violence organization helped a shooting suspect turn himself in earlier this week. CBS 2’s Marissa Bailey reports.
It was another night of violence across Chicago, with five teenagers among the wounded in eight separate shootings.
Four youngsters are among the latest victims caught in Chicago’s gun violence epidemic, including two middle school-aged girls who were wounded in a neighborhood park on the Far South Side.
Two girls were shot and wounded – one of them critically – Tuesday evening in the Morgan Park neighborhood.
- Divers Pull Body From Lake Michigan On South SideA young man's body has been pulled from Lake Michigan, not far from where a missing University of Chicago student is believed to have been when he vanished during last week's thunderstorms.405
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.4028
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!