Two men are suing Cook County because bodily fluid was allegedly accidentally dumped on them when they were hired to clean a drainage pit last year at the medical examiner’s facility on the West Side.
Starting today, the Cook County Medical Examiner is posting names of the unclaimed and unidentified on-line — hoping to find their families and their identities.
Beginning Wednesday, the Cook County Medical Examiner will post information about unidentified bodies, including, in some cases, photographs.
The Cook County Medical Examiner is reporting the first success in an effort to identify 20 bodies at the morgue.
Dr. Stephen Cina says with about 5,000 bodies passing through the facility each year, the challenges are great. CBS 2′s Roseanne Tellez reports.
The former Cook County Medical Examiner is speaking out for the first time after being forced from office two months ago.
The family of a John Doe who went unidentified for several months is now suing the Cook county Medical Examiner’s office.
A published report says the findings of an audit of the Cook County morgue left Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle “jarred.”
The Cook County Board on Monday imposed new rules and regulations on the Cook County Medical Examiner’s office to address the recent scandal in which bodies were found stacked in an overflowing cooler and otherwise mishandled.
The Cook County Board has decided to slow down on taking away Cook County Medical Examiner Nancy Jones’ job-for-life status over the scandal involving bodies stacked on top of one another at the morgue.
Chicago pastors and other religious leaders are all heading to the Cook County Medical Examiner’s office Friday morning, demanding that officials clean up deplorable conditions inside.
The Cook County Board President’s office says a staggering 44 bodies have been in the morgue cooler for 10 months or longer, awaiting burial.
Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle says there’s no question: If the county morgue had better management there wouldn’t be what sources say is a pileup of bodies there.
“Horrendous” is how one funeral director describes conditions inside the Cook County Medical Examiner’s cooler.
The family of a Chicago woman missing since January 2010 has received some bad news: Her body had been in the Cook County morgue for several months.
WBBM Newsradio 780 has learned that the cooler at the Cook County morgue is so crowded right now, bodies are doubled-up on some of the trays.
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!