As if they’re not already glowing, about a dozen women – some very close to their delivery date – walked toward the front of Holy Name Cathedral at the invitation of Cardinal George. Among them was Patty Stevens.
On the corner near St. Sabina Church on the South Side – a grim reminder that Mother’s Day is not a day to celebrate for the women whose sons and daughters have been killed.
With Mother’s Day coming up on Sunday, WBBM Newsradio’s Mike Krauser set out to learn what the day means to some moms living in somewhat unusual circumstances.
Mother’s Day is a great day for celebrating all your mother has done for you throughout the year. Make this year’s Mother’s Day extra special by taking your mother out for a great family experience in Chicago.
Returning from maternity leave can be a tough transition for some new moms. So if you’re getting ready to join the ranks of working mothers, there are some things you can do now to make it easier later. Here are six smart steps to take.
“It’s been an emotional, exhausting journey,” Jennifer Wood said.
Spoil your mom this Mother’s Day with these brunch recipes from Chicago chefs.
Looking for some good books for Mom this Mother’s Day? Our friends at Simon & Schuster put together this great list covering everything from personal memoirs to fictional mysteries and more.
Time’s ticking until Mother’s Day on May 12. Do you need help finding a gift? Check out the following independent stores for tips on what to get mom.
Having a hard time trying to figure out what to do with your mom this mother’s day? Check out these activities and pick your favorite one!
Ever wanted to know how and when Mother’s Day is celebrated around the world? We take a look at the annual traditions of five countries to find out.
For a unique Mother’s Day gift, you can’t go wrong with a homemade craft from your child. The following crafts are geared to specific ages, but all are sure to delight mom.
Are you looking for great recipes for Mother’s Day this year? Let the following three recipes help you plan your menu with food your mom is sure to love.
Summer in Chicago isn’t just about time away from school to play outside in the sun. Stimulating the mind through creativity and the arts is a great way to keep the summer as an educational time for kids of all ages.
A Round Lake teenager saved Mothers Day for her neighbors, when she saved the lives of a woman and her toddler from their burning home Saturday night.
Mother’s Day is the one-day a year we shower the women in our lives with gifts, appreciation and pampering. Since they deserve this treatment 360 days a year, why not make them feel as special as possible.
Forget giving your mom the standard chocolate and flowers this Mother’s Day. Chicago moms deserve something a little more special and a bit more extravagant. This Mother’s Day gift guide is sure to make mom smile, no matter what her style is.
Why not try something different for Mother’s Day this year? Instead of a Mother’s Day brunch, a spa treatment or breakfast in bed, how about treating mom to a picnic outside to enjoy the weather and nature. Mom can kick back, relax and still enjoy spending time with her family. She’ll enjoy homemade sandwiches Dad can make with the kids, or if that’s too adventuresome there are plenty of places where you can pick up some nice sandwiches and sides to take along with you.
- Winning Powerball Ticket Sold In FloridaIt's all about the odds, and one lone ticket in Florida has beaten them all by matching each of the numbers drawn for the highest Powerball jackpot in history at an estimated $590.5 million, lottery officials said Sunday.129
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.408
- Jail Inmate Charged With Previous Murder, Shooting In RobbinsA Cook County Jail inmate faces new charges in connection with a 2012 murder and a separate 2011 shooting in south suburban Robbins, the Cook County Sheriff’s office announced Saturday.60
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!
- Bill to toughen penalties on those who use social media to organize violent flash mobs has been signed by Gov Quinn. cbsloc.al/188mJwX 51 minutes ago
- RT @48hours: What's being done to stop the murder rate in #Chicago? See what #48Hours learned tonight at 10/9c on #CBS http://t.co/dEWRWI63… 13 hours ago