An international mining company has become the latest firm to move its U.S. Corporate headquarters to Chicago.
Residents of some parts of Chicago protested and tried to stop Wal-Mart when the retailer announced plans to move in, but in Naperville, the city government is willing to dish out some big money to keep Wal-Mart from leaving.
After 20 years, the Bulls will be saying goodbye to the Berto Center in Deerfield, in favor of a new practice facility in Chicago, likely right next to the United Center.
A full 130 years after opening its first facility in the Lincoln Park neighborhood, Children’s Memorial Hospital is leaving the neighborhood behind for a shiny new facility in Streeterville.
Two schools in Chicago will have new homes, thanks to a $251 million renovation and a little shuffling.
Chicago-based GrubHub is moving its headquarters from the city’s Near Northwest Side to the heart of the Loop.
The Gerber/Hart LGBT library has announced plans to move to a new site on Clark Street in Rogers Park.
Questions still buzz around President Barack Obama’s surprise decision Monday to move the G8 summit from Chicago to Camp David.
Silver Cross hospital officially moved its operations from Joliet to New Lenox over the weekend.
The Gerber/Hart Library and Archives of gay and lesbian resources remains very much in operation, but will soon be moving from its longtime location just south of Loyola University.
The news has been out for a while that Playboy Enterprises is on its way out of Chicago, but now, a firm date is in place.
Insurance giant Aon says it is moving its corporate headquarters from Chicago to London.
As the CME Group and Sears warn that corporate income taxes might drive them out of Illinois, maintenance and repair supply distributor Lawson Products is staying – and moving into Chicago.
Between 50 and 60 Chicago Fire Department personnel will be moving from their offices at a high rise on the IIT campus in Bronzeville to the Chicago Police Headquarters down the street.
Sears is showing its strongest signs yet that it is likely to move its headquarters out of Illinois.
Chicago City Clerk Susanna Mendoza wants her staff removed from the basement of City Hall, due to a persistent problem with cockroaches.
Meadville Lombard theological seminary will soon move to the Loop, after more than 80 years near the University of Chicago in Hyde Park, according to a published report.
Sears is thinking of moving its corporate headquarters out of Illinois to Washington, D.C., according to a published report.
It appears the fight over moving the Chicago Children’s Museum to the northeast corner of Grant Park might be over.
Amaya Lewis wasn’t due to be born until March 17, but she surprised everybody. CBS 2′s Mike Parker tells us how.
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!