Two men critically wounded in weekend shootings died Monday, raising the death toll for 2013’s most violent weekend to eight. At least 39 other people were wounded in shootings across the city, authorities said.
A River Grove mother and another woman are charged with murder for allegedly stabbing an autistic 14-year-old teenager to death in the family’s west suburban home.
Four men have been charged with the kidnapping and shooting death of a west suburban business owner 14 years ago, prosecutors announced Sunday.
A 65-year-old man who fled the country after being charged with killing another man 34 years ago was arrested Friday on warrants for murder and jumping bail, according to Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart.
Charles Odell Davidson, 77, indicated in court records that his mother, Blanch Bradley, told him she wished to commit suicide and asked him to assist her.
Three people, including two Highland Park High School students, have been arrested and charged with first-degree murder in the death of a 20-year-old Highland Park man.
Police were looking into new leads in the investigation of the murder of a 20-year-old man from Highland Park.
An autopsy Wednesday determined a young man found dead along a frontage road in Wilmette died from a gunshot wound to the head.
Some Cook County Jail inmates and others arrested in the county will soon have to give DNA samples, now that the U.S. Supreme Court has ruled that taking such samples after an arrest does not amount to an “unreasonable search.”
he body of a man was found, apparently beaten to death, in an apartment in the South Side Park Manor neighborhood Monday afternoon, according to police.
Three uninvited guests were asked to leave a family party in the Avalon Park neighborhood Friday night. They were escorted outside, where a verbal argument ensued, and a 19-year-old man pulled out a handgun and shot the victim twice in the chest before running away.
Bond was set Thursday at $750,000 for a Chicago man newly charged in connection with a 1992 murder.
A 21-year-old woman has been charged with killing her 5-month-old son at a North Side motel on Thursday, in what police said was an apparent murder-suicide attempt.
A northwest suburban man confronted by two girlfriends who found out about each other has been convicted of shooting one of the women after previously pleading guilty to trying to have the other woman killed so she could not testify against him.
A middle-aged Park Ridge man was convicted Tuesday of murdering his mother by throwing her over a railing and down stairs after the pair argued over family assets.
Investigators in Harvey were “pursuing solid leads” in connection to the fatal shooting of a 30-year-old man in the south suburb late Monday.
A purported gang member has been ordered held without bail, on charges he killed a 6-month-old girl two months ago, while trying to shoot the girl’s father.
The photograph that arrived on Detective Cpl. Michael Barnes’ desk was worth more than the proverbial thousand words.
A 33-year-old Chicago man has been charged in connection with the fatal shooting of 6-month-old Jonylah Watkins earlier this year.
Jurors deliberated for a little more than three hours Friday before finding James Ealy guilty on one count of first-degree murder in the death of 45-year-old Mary Hutchison.
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Bakery Blunder Makes ‘Cat Cake’ A Viral SensationOf all the cat memes on the Internet, this one takes the cake.900
- Search Dog Tracks Missing Student To LakefrontVolunteers, friends and family were out in force Tuesday morning, resuming the search for a missing University of Chicago student.586
- Initial Tests ID Glittery Substance Along BeachIndiana environmental officials were investigating whether a Porter County manufacturer was responsible for a slick of glittery material that kept many swimmers out of Porter Beach on Monday.1095
- Weekend Death Toll Rises To 8 After Two Men Die Of Gunshot InjuriesTwo men critically wounded in weekend shootings died Monday, raising the death toll for 2013’s most violent weekend to eight. At least 39 other people were wounded in shootings across the city, authorities said.163
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!