Museum of Science and Industry
Visiting Chicago’s museums is an enriching experience, but it can be prohibitively expensive. Most area museums schedule free days each year, and Illinois residents can take advantage of extra discounts. Read on for a round up of free days for the rest of 2011 – now you’ll know where to go the next time you have an unexpected day off.
The Museum of Science and Industry says there is no doubt you’ll be blown away by “the thinks you can think” as you explore the wacky mind of Theodor Seuss Geisel, known to most people as the legendary Dr. Seuss.
A digital media analyst from the Uptown neighborhood will become the second person to spend a month as a full-time resident of the Museum of Science and Industry.
The field has been narrowed down six contestants vying for a chance to live inside the Museum of Science and Industry.
Chicago school students are getting freebies, but they have to earn them.
The third installment of the “Body Worlds” exhibit will close this coming Monday at the Museum of Science and Industry, but the museum will keep the exhibit open for extended hours for anyone who missed it.
The Museum of Science and Industry is now accepting applications again for its second “Month at the Museum” contest.
A woman and a child are hospitalized in good condition after the vehicle they were in plunged into a lagoon near the Museum of Science and Industry Saturday morning in the Hyde Park neighborhood.
The “Month at the Museum” contest is back this year at the Museum of Science and Industry.
The top 300 science projects from Chicago Public School students in grades 7 through 12 were on display this weekend at the Museum of Science and Industry.
For a third time, the celebrated “Body Worlds” exhibit is back at the Museum of Science and Industry.
A documentary filmmaker used an armored truck to get himself inside a tornado while shooting “Tornado Alley” which is now showing in IMAX at the Museum of Science and Industry.
The Museum of Science and Industry is offering free general admission every weekday through the rest of January.
There aren’t many museums in the city where things feel larger than life. If you have children who love being hands on, then you need to take them to the largest science center in the Western Hemisphere.
Kate McGroarty’s month as a resident of the Museum of Science and Industry is coming to an end today.
What is it about little kids and trains? Children’s literature and television is full of fictional trains from The Little Engine That Could, Thomas the Tank Engine, to newer efforts, like PBS Kids’ show “Dinosaur […]
The end is approaching for Andersonville teacher Kate McGroarty’s month-long stay at the Museum of Science and Industry.
In the three weeks since Kate McGroarty has moved into the Museum of Science and Industry, she has slept inside the museum’s World War II German submarine, decorated Christmas trees with Chicago Blackhawk Tomas Kopecky and watched sunrise on the roof.
If you go to the Museum of Science and Industry today, you just might run into Blackhawks center Tomas Kopecky.
Visitors to the South Side’s Hyde Park neighborhood this weekend will find quite the assortment of Halloween thrills – whether innocent family fun or chilling real-life sites.
- Divers Pull Body From Lake Michigan On South SideA young man's body has been pulled from Lake Michigan, not far from where a missing University of Chicago student is believed to have been when he vanished during last week's thunderstorms.402
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.1631
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!