As lawmakers in Springfield take another shot at a gambling expansion bill, there’s a new look out at the behavior of gamblers.
Some mail-order guitars coming through O’Hare struck a false note with U.S. Customs agents. They were fakes from China.
The caravan carrying 1,300 students and 52 staffers started leaving the DeKalb campus shortly after 11 a.m. on Sunday, and was expected to arrive in Miami around 1 p.m. Monday.
If your New Year’s resolution is to quit smoking, there are a number of incentives.
Are you hoping Santa Claus still has a little something in his sack for you? Even jolly old St. Nick is probably scoping out the after-Christmas sales on Wednesday.
You might want to check some of those Christmas presents before it’s too late.
If you’re headed to the post office today, you could be greeted with some pretty long lines.
Supporters of mental health funding have said the mass shooting last week in Newtown, Conn., should prompt a discussion not just of gun control laws, but the need for more attention to mental illness.
Three families have joined a lawsuit against Maine Township High School District 207, alleging their children were also hazed at Maine West High School.
Looking for a unique gift this holiday season? A Chicago company that makes furniture out of garbage may have the answer.
Family, friends and colleagues of a “larger than life” Chicago firefighter were mourning the loss of a man who they said “was always a hero to us.”
A Highland Park teen pleaded not guilty Thursday to charges she huffed a cleaning product before her car slammed into a family on Labor Day, killing a 5-year-old girl.
The City Council’s Budget Committee held its first hearing Tuesday on Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s $8.3 billion budget plan for next year.
A science experiment by some Chicago Public School students is making its way to the International Space Station.
The City Council’s Finance Committee has endorsed a multi-million dollar financial settlement for a man who served 8 years in prison for a murder he did not commit.
Thousands of runners and walkers hit the lakefront this morning, all in the name of finding a cure for AIDS.
U.S. Customs agents at O’Hare International Airport helped save the life of a man who collapsed on Sunday.
One northwest suburb is hoping residents will pay out of their own pockets for next year’s July 4th fireworks display.
The City of Chicago is offering a major reward to cabdrivers who serve disabled passengers – a free medallion.
An Illinois appellate panel court has sided with two pharmacists, saying the State of Illinois may not force them to dispense morning-after pills.
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.236
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!