By: Farrah Kaye In a Daytona 500 that saw fire, rain and a Monday night start, Danica Patrick’s first NASCAR Sprint Cup series start didn’t go as planned. During her Gatorade Duel, Patrick was involved […]
The first Daytona 500 to be postponed took more than 36 hours to complete after rain pushed it from its scheduled Sunday afternoon start to Monday at lunch, and ultimately turned it into the first ever NASCAR race run in prime-time television.
The Daytona 500 has been halted by a fiery explosion caused when Juan Pablo Montoya slammed into a jet dryer under caution.
Five-time champion Jimmie Johnson followed up his worst season in NASCAR with his worst finish in the Daytona 500.
NASCAR president Mike Helton says the Daytona 500 will start Monday night at 7 p.m.
Seventy-four fans have died at a sporting event not due to an architectural accident or natural disaster. They have died at the hands of other supposed fans.
The diverse population of Chicago’s metro area means there are fan bases for niche sports, ranging from rugby to racing. Whether you’re cheering for your favorite scrum-half or welterweight, here are a few Chicago bars that are devoted to some of the less noted sports.
Tony Stewart ended his season-long funk, winning for the first time this year in the opening race of the Chase for the Sprint Cup championship.
Rain at Chicagoland Speedway has forced NASCAR to postpone the opening race of the Chase for the Sprint Cup championship. NASCAR will attempt to run the race Monday at noon Eastern.
This Saturday at Chicago Speedway, NASCAR driver Kevin Conway is stepping up to call attention to the case by carrying a giant picture of Melissa Lech on his #87 race car.
With the not-so-subtle shape of a stock car under cover just in front of her and spotlights glaring in her face, Danica Patrick feigned drama for an announcement everyone already knew was coming.
The pride of Roscoe, Illinois—Danica Patrick—will be making the move from Indy Car to NASCAR beginning in 2012, where she will drive the No. 7 GoDaddy.com (shocking) Chevrolet in the Nationwide Series.
NASCAR star Kurt Busch was track president for the day at Chicagoland Speedway on Thursday and sat down to discuss his fan-friendly edicts on “Boers & Bernstein” on 670 The Score.
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- History Of Tornadoes In Chicago AreaTwisters with that kind of force that flattened Moore, Okla., have hit the Chicago area in the past, and have been extremely deadly.593
- Local Storm Chaser Describes ‘Sickening, Deafening Roar’ Of Oklahoma TornadoA south suburban man whose hobby is chasing storms was in Moore, Okla., on Monday when a massive tornado devastated the town, killing at least 24 people.224
- High School Duo Has Never Missed A Day Of ClassThey say no one's perfect, but one school in the far southwestern suburbs has not just one, but two students who have achieved perfection in one area.136
- Deadly Oklahoma Tornado Serves As Reminder To Prepare For Disasters“Tornado sheltering basics involved three steps – get in, get down and cover-up. The overall goal is to avoid flying and falling debris by putting as many barriers between you and the tornado as possible,” according to one expert at the National Weather Service in Norman, Oklahoma.121
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!