With all the excitement and gravitas and craziness of the NCAA men’s basketball tournament come a few lame byproducts.
Mike Rosario scored 25 points and Florida used an overpowering first half to roll past Minnesota and into the NCAA tournament round of 16 for third consecutive year with a 78-64 win Sunday in the South Regional.
Cleanthony Early and Ron Baker scored 16 points apiece and Wichita State hit a season-high 14 3-pointers, including seven straight late, to knock the top-ranked and No. 1 seeded Bulldogs out of the NCAA tournament 76-70 on Saturday.
The Louisville Cardinals put on a defensive clinic, shutting down Colorado State and dominated the Rams 82-56.
Since 1920, Northwestern has had just one basketball coach who actually was able to leave Evanston with a winning record – and probably his sanity – intact.
Sherwood Brown scored 24 points and Bernard Thompson had 23 to lead Florida Gulf Coast to an incredible NCAA tournament debut, a 78-68 win over second-seeded Georgetown on Friday night in the second round of the South Regional.
Brandon Paul and D.J. Richardson made consecutive 3-pointers to give Illinois the lead with 6 minutes left and the seventh-seeded Illini pulled out a tough 57-49 win over Colorado in a game of wild momentum swings Friday in the second round of the NCAA tournament.
CBS Local is keeping you informed on all the action on the court! Follow our LIVE blog beginning at 12n EST here!
Don’t be surprised if Iona pushes Ohio State. If the Gaels make some shots early on, this one could very interesting.
Glenn Robinson III scored 21 points and Mitch McGary added 13 points and nine rebounds, helping fourth-seeded Michigan overcome a rough night for Trey Burke in a 71-56 NCAA tournament win over 13th-seeded South Dakota State on Thursday night.
Russ Smith scored 23 points and set a Louisville NCAA tournament record with a career-high eight steals, and Peyton Siva had eight assists as the Cardinals demolished North Carolina A&T 79-48 on Thursday night.
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — It was every frontrunner’s nightmare. Top-seeded Gonzaga ran into a No. 16 seed that wasn’t playing like one, a crowd itching for an upset and the very real prospect of […]
Oklahoma State had a terrific season, but got by far the toughest draw out of any five-seed in the bracket. Keep an eye on Oregon.
Syracuse has been under investigation for possible NCAA violations, mostly in its basketball program, for at least a year, according to two reports.
Finally, the moment we have all been waiting for, March Madness! A time were everyone will be putting all their attention into college basketball as the 1st round of the NCAA tournament kicks off Thursday March 21st.
Louisville’s pressure. Jim Boeheim’s postgame press conferences. HAVOC. Coach K’s drive for five. Get pumped, people — it’s tourney time!
Russ Smith last spoke with his former high school coach, Jack Curran, less than three weeks ago. They talked about how well Smith had been playing for Louisville this season.
It’s that time again! See which teams hoops expert Jon Rothstein has moving on from each region in this year’s NCAA Tournament.
It takes a heavy library of new and oldschool jams to keep today’s college basketball players motivated. Check out what these players listen to while getting pumped before a big game.
The Buffaloes have NCAA Tournament experience and really defend. Colorado is good enough to win two games in the field of 68.
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.146
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!