In New Jersey, the nation’s capital and in cities across the country, thousands gathered to call for more gun control.
No Limit Arcade is making some changes as a result of the Newtown shootings.
A few of the local comfort dogs sent to Newtown, Connecticut to aid in recovery from the Sandy Hook tragedy are on their way home today.
Therapy dogs from the Chicago area were preparing to head back to Newtown, Conn., in hopes of easing the first day back to school for Sandy Hook Elementary School students.
Even though 763 miles separate Lockport from Newtown, Conn., there was no distance in the hearts of people who attended a vigil in Illinois. CBS 2′s Dana Kozlov reports.
CBS 2’s Marissa Bailey explains how some area residents are observing a new movement to “pay it forward” following the Newtown, Conn. shooting.
When Barbara and Keith Baron and their two kids moved into the southeast Naperville neighborhood last August, they had no idea that an unspeakably violent act would soon put on the map the beloved town they had just left behind.
Gov. Pat Quinn has declared Friday as a day of mourning for the victims of the shooting massacre last week in Connecticut.
School officials for northwest suburban Barrington School District 220 say they are just playing it safe. Real safe.
Spurred by the Newtown school shooting massacre, Mayor Rahm Emanuel was leading a coalition of Chicago area mayors in a renewed drive for stronger gun control laws.
President Barack Obama on Wednesday pledged to move quickly on tightening gun control laws. He formed a task force to give him recommendations within a month.
An Illinois state lawmaker said Wednesday that talking about gun control isn’t the only conversation we need to have after the shooting massacre at a grade school in Connecticut.
In the great debate about guns, there are some unexpected things happening in the wake of the horrific shooting massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn.
The deadly school shooting spree last week in Connecticut prompted Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn to push for a review of school safety measures in the state.
Following the events in Connecticut last Friday, there is a fundamental question that keeps crossing my mind: Why did this have to happen? How many more schools need to be shot up before we act? How many children need to die over a Constitutional Amendment that addressed the right for Americans to possess muskets?
In the wake of the school shooting massacre in Newtown, Conn., Mayor Rahm Emanuel made his strongest call yet for an assault weapons ban on Monday, while police Supt. Garry McCarthy also suggested having top police brass help review security measures in place at the city’s public schools.
Supporters of mental health funding have said the mass shooting last week in Newtown, Conn., should prompt a discussion not just of gun control laws, but the need for more attention to mental illness.
A team of dogs from the Chicago area is in Newtown Conn., to comfort those grieving after last week’s shooting.
Across the country, schools will be on high alert following Friday’s shooting in Connecticut.
As America mourns the Connecticut victims, members of the Sikh community find themselves reeling all over again.
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotPolice responded to calls of shots fired about 4:34 p.m. and found the man, whose age and identity were not immediately released, shot in the front seat of a vehicle in the 2800 block of Sheridan Road.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Senate Passes Ban On Handheld Cell Phones While DrivingThe proposal says drivers must use hands-free devices or speakerphone features.127
- Three Stabbed On Northwest SideThree teenagers were stabbed in the Belmont Cragin area Thursday night on the Northwest Side.142
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.265
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!