Gabe Carimi was drafted by the Chicago Bears with the 29th overall pick in the 2011 NFL Draft. For Bears fans excited to get their first look at the 6’7″ 314-pound, Cottage Grove, WI native, they’ll get that chance on May 22.
Late in the first round of the NFL Draft, it appeared as if the Ravens had made a mistake in not selecting a player with their 26th overall pick. But it would later come out that it was the Bears who made the mistake.
Every so often all sides can claim to be right on an issue and there is evidence to support each claim. Then we have situations where everyone goes out of their way to look ridiculous.
After being drafted by the Chicago Bears, Gabe Carimi made the quick transition form a Green Bay Packers fan. There’s one more transition he needs to make, and like all NFL rookies, that might take a while.
If these are not fun times for football fans, they are captivating days for lawyers.
There wasn’t much time to celebrate during Christian Ponder’s first day as a Minnesota Viking.
Considering the Chicago Bears picked near the end of each round of the NFL draft, general manager Jerry Angelo on Saturday thought he did a reasonable job filling team needs.
The Chicago Bears selected Chris Conte, a safety from California, with their third round draft pick.
The Minnesota Vikings have selected Notre Dame tight end Kyle Rudolph with their second round pick in the NFL draft.
The Chicago Bears traded up from the end of the second round to draft defensive tackle Stephen Paea from Oregon State.
The Chicago Bears had an eventful first round in the 2011 NFL Draft. Chicago drafted an offensive tackle who was high on everyone’s draft board and botched a trade with the Baltimore Ravens.
With the first round of the NFL Draft in the books, we know that former a Wisconsin Badger will be joining the Chicago Bears offensive line, but the draft is far from over, and right now the Bears have five more picks.
With Wisconsin’s Gabe Carimi still on the board when the Bears were on the clock with the 29th overall pick, it seemed like an enormous opportunity (literally) and a natural fit.
After hours of waiting, Gabe Carimi heard his name called at the 29th pick of the 2011 NFL Draft. And the 6’7″ 314-pound, Cottage Grove, WI native couldn’t be more excited to be headed to Chicago.
As Bears as Bears can be, they take a perfectly satisfying story and complicate it by screwing something up.
The Bears had not traded up in the first round since 1996, but were willing to do so for Wisconsin OT Gabe Carimi.
With the 29th overall pick in the NFL Draft, the Chicago Bears selected offensive tackle Gabe Carimi from the University of Wisconsin.
University of Illinois defensive tackle Corey Liuget was selected 18th overall in Thursday night’s NFL Draft by the San Diego Chargers.
After winning a Heisman Trophy and a National Championship, Auburn’s Cam Newton can add No. 1 overall pick to his resume.
As the Chicago Bears evaluate their roster heading into the NFL Draft weekend, they need to address one specific position where they’re falling behind the rest of the NFC North division.
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.404
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!
- Miller Lite ‘Take Me Out To The Ballpark’ Ticket Giveaway April 26, 2013Join The Score this summer at various locations throughout the Chicagoland area for your chance to win one of twenty pairs of tickets to a future White Sox game!