Linebacker Nick Roach reportedly is leaving the Chicago Bears for the Oakland Raiders.
Bears middle linebacker Brian Urlacher returned to practice on a limited basis Friday at Halas Hall.
Chicago’s defense scored two touchdowns and the Bears beat the Arizona Cardinals 28-13.
Adam Hoge grades the Bears following the their fourth loss in their last five games.
The Bears defense was dealt a heavy blow Tuesday afternoon when news broke that middle linebacker Brian Urlacher could miss the rest of the season with a Grade 2 hamstring strain.
Time offers the opportunity for perspective, so I thought it would be a good idea to wait each week to give my thoughts on the Bears game. The idea being that 24 hours allows for me to watch the game over and talk to a few more people. Hence, “The 24 Blog.”
The Bears are one of many NFL teams who have put their playbook and film on an easy-to-carry iPad this season.
Brian Urlacher is still good at his job, as far as any of us know.
The Bears have been quiet on why exactly Urlacher is missing practice, but one thing is certain – if the Bears have any hopes of contending in the NFC North, they’ll need No. 54.
Bears linebacker Nick Roach won the team’s Brian Piccolo Award Tuesday, given annually to the player who best exemplifies the courage, loyalty, teamwork, dedication and sense of humor of former Bears player Brain Piccolo.
With a 30-24 victory over the heavily favored Philadelphia Eagles, the Bears put themselves on track for their second straight playoff appearance.
It’s what you need to do against bad teams — beat them badly. Its not a game that anyone really learned a ton about the Bears in their thrashing of the Minnesota Vikings on Sunday night; however, the Bears now sit 3-3 and are still very much alive in the race for an NFC Wild Card berth.
Brian Urlacher has been out of practice all week tending to his family after the sudden death of his mother, but the middle linebacker intends to play against the Saints in New Orleans Sunday.
A number of Bears remain unsigned, including center Oline Kreutz, linebacker Nick Roach, defensive tackle Anthony Adams, wide receiver Rashied Davis and punter Brad Maynard.
Earl Bennett’s ankle continues to be an issue that keeps him out of practice, and several other players were nursing injuries during the Bears’ Wednesday practice.
Well, we found out that winning this game was important to Lovie Smith. The Bears starters played the entire game and came up short in the regular season finale 10-3.
Earl Bennet missed practice this week with an ankle injury and is still unable to play against the Packers Sunday afternoon.
The latest in conditional controversy has come down from on high for the Bears – Vikings game Monday night.
Pisa Tinoisamoa has been dealing with injuries throughout his entire Bears tenure. He missed most of last season with a knee injury, and is facing similar issues this year.
Bears’ linebacker Pisa Tinoisamoa won’t be on the field against Detroit Sunday. He has swelling in his right knee and practiced on a limited basis Thursday but was unable to Friday.
- BREAKING: Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Student Pulled Over And Robbed By Phony Police OfficerA man driving an unmarked white Ford Crown Victoria with interior flashing red and blue lights pulled the student over near Ballard and Bender roads in Des Plaines as she was driving to school around 7:30 a.m. on May 20.340
- Census Data: Chicago Slowest Growing Big City In U.S.Chicago gained nearly 10,000 people from July 2011 to July 2012, but was the slowest-growing major city in the country according to U.S. Census Bureau estimates released Thursday.130
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!