Joakim Noah scored 21 points, Luol Deng added 19 points and 12 rebounds, and the Chicago Bulls won their fourth in a row on the road with a 96-89 victory over the Philadelphia 76ers on Wednesday night.
Police have arrested three suspects, but are still searching for one more, in a home invasion and robbery in Grayslake overnight.
A 40-year-old man has taken the southwest suburban Burbank park district to court, charging he was sexually abused during the 1980s.
A defense witness at the murder trial of Christopher Vaughn doesn’t appear to have helped his case.
A Naperville man has a date in court, facing charges in connection with a case of apparent bicycle rage.
Brewing beer at home is perfectly legal, but state officials are issuing a reminder that offering homebrew at a public event is not.
If you haven’t noticed as many squirrels in your yard as usual, you’re not alone.
An Evanston store is taking on a clothing giant, accusing the Gap of swiping one of its designs.
Governor Pat Quinn put his signature on a bill that requires the public spotlight on the details of corporate tax breaks as soon as they are completed.
An Illinois agency is taking a second look at why the Inspector General’s office reportedly failed to investigate the deaths of some disabled citizens.
A family from the southwest suburbs is involved in a game of chicken with Will County.
A Joliet man is being held on charges he lured a woman into his car and molested her four months ago.
It has been a year now since same-sex civil unions became legal in Illinois, but the advocacy group Equality Illinois says many couples are not finding that their unions are being treated as equal to marriages.
Veteran CBS News and “60 Minutes” correspondent Mike Wallace, who started his career in Chicago, has passed away at the age of 93.
Two bills in the Springfield hopper are not likely to make teenagers looking for a golden tan happy.
South suburban Sauk Village Mayor Lewis Towers is suing village trustees to buck an ordinance that limits his powers to appoint department heads.
It’s off to the DuPage County Jail late next month for a Naperville woman who has pleaded guilty to charges connected with a storefront church investment scheme.
A Tinley Park police officer seeking overtime pay for caring for a police dog between shifts is not entitled to the extra money because the contract with the police union covers the arrangement, the village says in response to a lawsuit filed by the officer.
The school board in a far southwest suburb has shelved plans to put limits on social networking.
A 61-year-old Rogers Park neighborhood man died early Saturday after being assaulted Sept. 2 in Evanston and police are releasing surveillance photos of two suspects wanted for questioning.
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.206
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Senate Passes Ban On Handheld Cell Phones While DrivingThe proposal says drivers must use hands-free devices or speakerphone features.127
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!