Northern Illinois Huskies
Northern Illinois head coach Dave Doeren announced the signing of 31 players to his 2012 recruiting class Wednesday.
Javon McCrea had 14 points and 12 rebounds Saturday and Buffalo defeated Northern Illinois 74-59.
Senior forward Tim Toler was dismissed from the Northern Illinois men’s basketball team Thursday.
Kris Brewer had 15 points to pace five in double figures for the Golden Flashes in a 90-56 rout of Northern Illinois Wednesday night.
Hayden Hoerdemann came off the bench to score 18 points as Western Michigan beat Northern Illinois 77-68 on Wednesday night.
Darrell Lampley scored 16 points to pace Eastern Michigan to a 47-40 victory over Northern Illinois in a Mid-American Conference opener Saturday.
Ryan Broekhoff scored 19 points and grabbed 11 rebounds as Valparaiso handed Northern Illinois its 11th straight loss in a 59-48 decision Tuesday night.
Marc Brown scored 15 points Saturday to lead Illinois-Chicago to a 62-55 victory over win-less Northern Illinois.
Arkansas State will face Northern Illinois in the GoDaddy.com Bowl in a matchup of conference champions with star quarterbacks.
Northern Illinois quarterback Chandler Harnish was named the winner of the Vern Smith Leadership Award Wednesday, given to the MAC’s top player.
Mathew Sims hit two field goals in the final 2:46 and Northern Illinois piled up 710 yards of offense to defeat Ball State 41-38 on Tuesday night.
Chandler Harnish threw for 294 yards and two touchdowns and ran for 151 yards and another score to lead Northern Illinois to a 45-14 win over Bowling Green on Tuesday night.
Northern Illinois head coach Dave Doeren suspended linebacker Jamaal Bass one game Wednesday for making contact with a Toledo band member as the team took the field before Tuesday’s thrilling 63-60 win over the Rockets.
Chandler Harnish threw a 4-yard strike to Perez Ashford with 19 seconds left for his sixth touchdown pass of the game, lifting Northern Illinois to a wild 63-60 victory over Toledo on Tuesday night.
Chandler Harnish gained 217 all-purpose yards in Northern Illinois’ 31-30 win over Buffalo on Saturday.
Following the Huskie’s 51-22 rout of Western Michigan, quarterback Chandler Harnish has been named Mid-American Conference West Offensive Player of the Week.
Northern Illinois rushed for 494 yards and six touchdowns Saturday en route to a 51-22 victory over Western Michigan.
Quarterback Chandler Harnish broke a 48-year-old school touchdown record as Northern Illinois snapped a two-game losing streak with a 47-30 victory over Cal Poly on Saturday.
Russell Wilson threw for 347 yards and three scores, Montee Ball rushed for another two touchdowns and No. 7 Wisconsin piled up more than 600 yards of total offense Saturday in a 49-7 rout of Northern Illinois at Soldier Field.
Bret Bielema and Dave Doeren are very close friends, but they aren’t talking. At least until Saturday.
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.161
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Teen Fatally Stabbed In Fight Outside Suburban Grocery StoreRomeoville police say a 17-year-old boy and a 22-year-old man got into a fight in the parking lot outside the Jewel-Osco on Weber Road.432
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!