A tragic accident in the southwest suburbs has left a 3-year-old boy dead, but could it have been prevented with better technology?
The decomposing bodies of an elderly southwest suburban and her son were found by police conducting a well being check at their home on Wednesday morning.
In Oak Lawn Wednesday tonight, the public will get to see, for the first time, drawings of a monument that will be built in honor of first responders everywhere.
Gov. Pat Quinn has signed a bill abolishing the death penalty in Illinois, and many people are angry that inmates on death row will now live.
A woman filed a lawsuit Friday claiming that she bit into and chewed a piece of glass inside her spicy McChicken sandwich that was purchased last summer at a southwest suburban McDonald’s restaurant.
A Chicago area car salesman’s loyalties to the green-and-yellow of the Green Bay Packers have cost him his job.
Cook County to turn Oak Forest Hospital from an inpatient to an outpatient facility and do away with the emergency room.
Oak Lawn voters who want to change the way government does business in the south suburbs will have to wait.
Beams from the wreckage of the World Trade Center will be incorporated into a monument southwest suburban Oak Lawn plans to erect to honor the first responders to the 9-11 attacks on the New York skyscrapers.
An investigation is underway after police shot and wounded a suicidal man in Oak Lawn.
Oak Lawn police and Advocate Christ Hospital are trying to figure out what happened to the jewelry of a patient who was brought in after being hit by a car last week.
Lawyer says bridal business is highly competitive and he won’t draw conclusions on the cause of the fire at Eva’s Bridals in Oak Lawn until the investigation is done.
Some of the brides have weddings scheduled for this weekend — others in a few weeks — and they are all wondering what they’ll be wearing when they walk down the aisle on their special day.
A Lake Zurich bridal shop owner where a 1994 fire destroyed millions of dollars in dresses tells how his business survived and gives advice to panicked brides.
A woman claiming she was attacked by a security guard at a south suburban Hooters restaurant after disputing her bill has filed a lawsuit against the restaurant chain.
Eva’s Bridals in Oak Lawn says it wants to help its devastated brides get dresses following a fire at the store. It is setting up a number that brides can call to get information on […]
Nervous brides and bridesmaids are desperate for answers as they scramble for Plan B, after one of the oldest bridal shops in the country went up in flames in Oak Lawn.
An extra-alarm fire has devastated at least two businesses in an Oak Lawn strip mall, including one that claimed to be the oldest bridal shop in the country.
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.426
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.369
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!