A protester accused of hitting a Cook County correctional officer in the face with a tree branch during a demonstration outside the jail was ordered held on $10,000 bond Wednesday.
Mark Neiweem is behind bars, accused of trying to sabotage the NATO Summit in May.
A Cook County judge has dismissed charges against dozens of Occupy Chicago protesters who were arrested in Grant Park after a rally last October, ruling the curfew they were charged with violating is unconstitutional.
The Occupy movement is now a year old and about 125 people celebrated in the rain at LaSalle Street and Jackson Boulevard Monday night.
About 50 protestors chanted as 10 black coffins were placed on the sidewalk outside of President Barack Obama’s campaign headquarters at Prudential Plaza on Tuesday, each with the words “Hope” and “Change” on the top.
A volunteer-operated news publication by the Occupy Chicago movement that references the Chicago Tribune in its name will not have to hand over its domain name to the newspaper.
Employees are furious amid reports that a Chicago business employing hundreds of people has abruptly closed.
Occupy Chicago is fighting an effort by the Chicago Tribune to hand over the Web domain names for its publication that references the newspaper.
A dozen protesters have been charged after a rowdy demonstration that spilled onto the Magnificent Mile, but the protesters claim police were the ones who were out of control.
A dozen protesters were arrested Wednesday evening, during a protest march through downtown Chicago, as part of a show of solidarity with a student strike in Quebec.
A small but very vocal Occupy Chicago protest group marched through the Loop Tuesday afternoon, demanding some sort of compensation for what they say were the injuries they suffered during the NATO protests.
Were police families the target of threats from protesters?
Protesters on Saturday morning made their way to Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s house to demonstrate against the closing of city mental health clinics, a day before Chicago hosts the NATO Summit.
The first wave of anti-NATO protesters from out of town arrived in Chicago on Wednesday, four days ahead of the NATO summit.
With just four days to go before the NATO Summit, protesters have already been making their presence known for three days.
Activists planning anti-NATO protests, marches, concerts and counter-summits gathered Thursday at the headquarters of Occupy Chicago to discuss a week’s worth of events leading up to the NATO summit on May 20 and 21.
Some visitors in Chicago to protest the NATO summit say Chicago police harassed them yesterday and they have video they say proves it.
Dress down for the NATO protests if you work downtown? Both protesters and a security consultant for the NATO summit are laughing off suggestions that downtown office workers dress casually to avoid becoming targets of protesters.
Occupy Chicago activists are looking for help finding fellow demonstrators find a place to stay during the NATO summit, so they’re asking Chicagoans to let them occupy their houses, apartments, back yards, or churches.
About 75 Occupy Chicago protesters held sit-ins outside at least two Bank of America branches in downtown Chicago on Tuesday, before joining a much larger protest rally and march through the Loop in honor of May Day.
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Bakery Blunder Makes ‘Cat Cake’ A Viral SensationOf all the cat memes on the Internet, this one takes the cake.900
- Search Dog Tracks Missing Student To LakefrontVolunteers, friends and family were out in force Tuesday morning, resuming the search for a missing University of Chicago student.586
- Initial Tests ID Glittery Substance Along BeachIndiana environmental officials were investigating whether a Porter County manufacturer was responsible for a slick of glittery material that kept many swimmers out of Porter Beach on Monday.1095
- Weekend Death Toll Rises To 8 After Two Men Die Of Gunshot InjuriesTwo men critically wounded in weekend shootings died Monday, raising the death toll for 2013’s most violent weekend to eight. At least 39 other people were wounded in shootings across the city, authorities said.163
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!