A southwest suburban family is mourning three of its own, after they were killed in a multi-vehicle accident in Orland Park this past weekend.
He calls himself the “Orland Ghost Rider” and gets his thrills speeding, ignoring stop signs, and mocking police. Police finally caught up with Justin Jachimiec of Orland Park and have evidence of his dangerous stunts thanks to a helmet camera he wore.
The family of a former girls’ basketball player at a southwest suburban high school claims their daughter was seriously injured by the ordeal — physically and psychologically. CBS 2′s Mike Parker reports.
There were no arrests at a demonstration outside an Orland Park pet shop Sunday, but police came close.
A 32-year-old Orland Park man couldn’t believe it when he saw the X-ray, revealing why he wasn’t feeling so good.
A small dog that found itself struggling in an Orland Park pond was rescued by firefighters who got an opportunity to practice their water-rescue skills.
A suburban man who has received a steady stream of Chicago parking tickets says he feels vindicated now that the Police Department is acknowledging they were bogus.
Authorities are looking for a jewelry thief who ripped off at least two Orland Park stores and is suspected of similar robberies in four other suburbs.
Bond was set at $1.5 million Monday for a 34-year-old man charged with the attack and rape of an 83-year-old woman in a field behind a southwest suburban Home Depot store Friday morning.
An 83-year-old woman was attacked and sexually assaulted in a field behind a southwest suburban Home Depot store Friday morning while trying to help a man she believed was homeless.
A 27-year-old Orland Park man who used Facebook and Skype to communicate with two southwest suburban teenagers was charged Thursday with soliciting sex from the two minors over the Internet, New Lenox police said.
The Alpha School Bus Co. said Friday it has fired the bus driver who left a special-needs student on a bus in south suburban Crestwood for five hours earlier this week.
A 56-year-old employee of a southwest suburban nursing home has been charged raping a 93-year-old resident of the facility who suffers from dementia, police said.
A south suburban fire chief says passersby helped saved the lives of a family of seven early Tuesday morning in Orland Park.
A 17-year-old Frankfort girl died late Friday following a traffic crash in southwest suburban Orland Park.
A southwest suburban woman awoke early Wednesay to find a strange man standing over her bed wearing only a sweatshirt and women’s underwear, authorities said.
A 46-year-old man who sold 22 identical aluminum panels to a scrap metal yard in Alsip has been charged with a series of metal thefts in the southwestern suburbs.
A 32-year-old southwest suburban man is facing a felony charge after allegedly paying a man and woman to have sex with him, then telling police and his wife he’d been kidnapped.
The southwest suburb of Orland Park is looking at using plastic to pay its bills.
Many Chicagoans going to work this morning are wondering whether they will be battling the elements tomorrow, or pulling the covers back over their heads and staying home.
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!