In his first full week as White Sox general manager, Rick Hahn will have to make key financial decisions that will have a big impact on how the future of the team is shaped.
Max Scherzer pitched six effective innings to earn his career-high 16th win, Prince Fielder hit a three-run homer and the Detroit Tigers beat the Chicago White Sox 8-6 on Wednesday night to move within a game of the AL Central lead.
Max Scherzer allowed four hits in eight scoreless innings, and the Detroit Tigers pulled within a game of first place with a 5-1 victory over the Chicago White Sox on Saturday night.
As expected, Paul Konerko was activated from the 7-day disabled list Friday in Kansas City, but that wasn’t the only move the White Sox made.
The White Sox are no longer a cute little story, and that’s a good thing.
CBS Sports’ Jon Heyman may have described the White Sox’s third base woes best by calling it a “black hole.”
As the White Sox were busy regaining first place in the AL Central, management was busy filling a hole at third base via trade. Former Red Sox, now White Sox, third baseman Kevin Youkilis was dealt during the eighth inning of the White Sox/Brewers pitchers’ duel.
Pinch-hitter Eduardo Escobar lined an RBI single in the 10th inning and the Chicago White made it an adventuresome afternoon, beating the Milwaukee Brewers 1-0 Sunday.
A day after committing a crucial error and coming up empty in key situations at the plate, White Sox third baseman Orlando Hudson was benched in favor of Eduardo Escobar.
The Chicago White Sox just kept pecking away at Chad Billingsley until they scraped across enough runs to give Philip Humber an early cushion to work with. He gave it all back before his teammates pushed across one more run and closed it out with a solid effort by their bullpen.
The votes are in and, not surprisingly, A.J. Pierzynski was voted the most hated player in baseball in a Men’s Journal survey of 100 Major League Baseball players.
A.J. Pierzynski hit a two-run homer, rookie left-hander Jose Quintana allowed one run over 5 1-3 innings and the streaking Chicago White Sox beat the St. Louis Cardinals 6-1 Tuesday night.
Justin Maxwell, Jose Altuve, J.D.Martinez and Brett Wallace all homered to lead the Houston Astros to an 11-9 win over the Chicago White Sox on Sunday.
Don’t look now, but the White Sox are suddenly just a game behind the Texas Rangers for the best record in the American League. That sure happened quickly.
White Sox third baseman Brent Morel is eligible to come off the disabled list Saturday, but that doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll see him back in Chicago that quick.
Philip Humber didn’t match the performance in his previous win. Nearly impossible to do that. After more than a month without a win, though, he was still pretty happy.
Paul Konerko hit a tiebreaking three-run homer and the Chicago White Sox routed the Cleveland Indians 12-6 on Sunday to complete a three-game sweep.
Orlando Hudson’s welcome to the South Side hit a bit of a snag when one Twins reporter called him “the worst player I’ve ever covered.”
It’s hard to ignore the fact that Orlando Hudson has never played a single game at third base in his major league career.
Jim Souhan of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, who covered Hudson for one season in Minnesota, called Hudson ‘the worst player I’ve ever covered.’
- Three Teens Arrested After Large Fight On Lakefront On South SideThree teens were arrested on Sunday, after police broke up a large fight along the lakefront in the Jackson Park neighborhood.337
- Charred Body Found In Dumpster After Fire ExtinguishedAbout 11:05 p.m. firefighters were called to the 3100 block of North Kimball Avenue in the Avondale neighborhood after receiving a report of a dumpster blaze in a nearby alley.156
- 5 Dead, 18 Wounded In Weekend ViolenceFive people have been killed and at least 18 others wounded — including a 12-year-old boy left in critical condition — in shootings across the city since Friday night.7412
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!
- Miller Lite ‘Take Me Out To The Ballpark’ Ticket Giveaway April 26, 2013Join The Score this summer at various locations throughout the Chicagoland area for your chance to win one of twenty pairs of tickets to a future White Sox game!