A federal judge has ruled that a pregnancy testing service can continue using two northwest suburban parking lots for its mobile ultrasound vehicle for at least the next six months, the Courier-News is reporting.
With countless Chicagoans trying to beat the intense heat in the city by taking a dip in Lake Michigan, officials have closed the parking lots at three popular beaches, after they ran out of space.
A North Side alderman wants to scale back Mayor Emanuel’s $2-a-day “congestion fee” for parking in the city’s garages and lots, so that it only applies during weekday business hours when congestion is an issue.
New concerns have erupted Wednesday morning over Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s planned congestion premium – the extra $2 tax at downtown parking lots and garages suggested as part of his budget plan.
Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle has backed down from her proposal to require jurors and some law enforcement members to pay for parking in courthouse garages.
Get ready to pay more to park your car in the city’s Central Business District. Mayor Rahm Emanuel is calling for a new “congestion premium” at downtown parking lots and garages.
Two teens have been charged with a string of burglaries in south suburban forest preserves.
At a time when the state of Illinois is crying poor, taxpayers are forking over millions to repave parking lots for local governments and private entities. CBS 2′s Kristyn Hartman reports.
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!