A baby aardvark is the newest resident of Brookfield Zoo.
A new restaurant opened recently in a long-vacant space that once housed the popular Gandhi India on Devon Avenue. But in St. Charles, a famed steakhouse has gone dark after 38 years.
The Art Institute of Chicago plans to expand its volunteer docent corps to give tours to more school groups in the future.
Half of the nation’s 10 most expensive restaurants are in Chicago.
A former teacher is suing Chicago Public schools claiming he was fired over his memoir.
A man escaped from police after being arrested for a drunken disturbance last week in Gary, Ind., but he wasn’t on the lam for long.
It turns out some fans got a little out of hand during the Christmas Day Bears-Packers game.
Citing safety concerns, a new lawsuit seeks to prevent Children’s Memorial Hospital from opening its long-planned heliport atop its new home in Streeterville.
A group of Chicago Public Schools teachers have made suggestions on ways to best use the extra 90 minutes being added to each school day starting next year.
A misunderstanding has led to an earlier-than-planned implementation of a telecommunications tax in Channahon.
Joliet Junior College is reducing costs by cutting its long-standing football program. The move will save the college about half a million dollars a year.
Northfield-based Kraft Foods reportedly the latest company looking for a incentives from the State of Illinois.
The final section of the Jane Addams Tollway rehab project is scheduled to end this weekend.
An experiment at the Harold Washington Library Center could change the way your neighborhood library looks in the future.
An outpouring of public donations has paid for the cremation of a homeless Vietnam-era veteran who was killed in downtown Elgin.
The police department in Park Ridge is trying to straighten out its record with Google.
Texting can have it’s advantages, but a recent survey shows most cell phone users like to hear from people on the phone.
A supervisor is accused of using a veterans’ cemetery in southeast Wisconsin as a dumping ground.
The local man who was the original winner on “The Apprentice” plans to open a new restaurant in Chicago.
Southwest suburban Tinley Park could be wall-to-wall Republican for a few days next summer.
- Two Charged With River North BurglariesTwo people have been charged with burglary in connection with a spate of robberies this month in the River North neighborhood.98
- Portage Theater Closed For NowThe 93-year-old landmark theater at 4050 N. Milwaukee Ave. was shut down on Friday after Ald. John Arena (45th) blocked Carranza’s application for a liquor license, according to Carranza.90
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.213
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!