After leaving Saturday’s game in the fourth quarter with what was described as “soreness” in his right foot, Dan Persa will start for the Wildcats on Saturday against Michigan.
It’s estimated that the rehab for an Achilles tendon rupture such as the one suffered last November by Northwestern quarterback Dan Persa takes anywhere from 12 to 14 months.
Northwestern was the only Big Ten team to beat a BCS opponent in the first week of college football action. And they did it on the road without starting quarterback Dan Persa.
While most of the Northwestern Wildcats weren’t even teenagers when the 9/11 terrorist attacks happened, they got a true object history lesson on Tuesday at practice.
Northwestern is receiving votes in the coaches poll and head coach Pat Fitzgerald is OK with his players having their own high expectations.
What is a small private school with very little football tradition like Northwestern doing spending money on billboards across the country to promote Dan Persa’s Heisman Trophy campaign?
Jim Phillips, a 1990 graduate of Illinois, agreed to a long-term contract extension with Northwestern, one that will keep him in Evanston through 2020.
Adam Hoge breaks down which Big Ten coaches are on the hot seat this season and which coaches are completely safe.
Northwestern’s Pat Fitzgerald has been selected for USA Football’s Tackle Advisory Committee. The committee will work with youth coaches to teach tackling fundamentals and strengthen player safety on a national level.
On Tuesday, the NCAA released the most recent Academic Progress Rate data for all Division I athletic programs. The Northwestern football team took the top spot among all FBS teams.
When Pat Fitzgerald took over as the head football coach at Northwestern, after the untimely death of the late Randy Walker five seasons ago, it was hard to say how much success the then 31-year old Orland Park-native would have.
Northwestern made the right move on Tuesday by extending Pat Fitzgerald’s contract through 2020. Now they have to follow up and get Fitzgerald, as well as the rest of Wildcat athletics, better facilites.
On Tuesday, Northwestern inked head coach Pat Fitzgerald to a new 10-year contract, keeping him in Evanston through the 2020 season.
Northwestern has signed head football coach Pat Fitzgerald to a new 10-year contract that will keep him on the Ryan Field sideline through the 2020 season.
On Thursday, Notre Dame and Northwestern announced that they would renew their gridiron battles that date back to 1889. This decision makes sense for both schools and should excite their strong fan bases in Chicago.
Northwestern Wildcats head football coach Pat Fitzgerald said resuming the team’s historic rivalry against Notre Dame is “great for Chicago fans.”
Northwestern head coach Pat Fitzgerald will be among several Wildcat players and coaches who will shave their heads to benefit St. Baldrick’s Foundation.
On Monday, the Northwestern Wildcats’ football team starts their 2011 spring practices three weeks earlier than they have in the past.
Northwestern University is one of the most academically prestigious colleges in the country. As a result, recruiting high school athletes to attend there over other schools can be difficult.
In the midst of the Chicago trying to dig itself out of the snow on Wednesday, the Northwestern University football team was securing the signatures of 17 high school football players. All committing to the Wildcats on national signing day.
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!