Gov. Pat Quinn has filed an appeal over a Cook County judge’s ruling that the state must pay wage increases promised to workers in 2011.
A Cook County judge has ruled that Gov. Pat Quinn must pay the 2011 wage increases promised in a contract with most state workers.
The Kane County State’s Attorney is planning to ask for raises for his staff, and he says the reason is crucial.
A federal appeals court is backing Gov. Pat Quinn’s move to deny pay raises to thousands of union workers.
The union representing frontline library employees is all but rejecting a letter from aldermen Edward Burke (14th) and Brendan Reilly (42nd) asking workers to make a sacrifice to preserve library hours.
Two Chicago aldermen have a proposal to end the dispute over the closing of the city’s public libraries on Mondays.
Chicago Public Schools Chief Executive Officer Jean-Claude Brizard has offered to give elementary school teachers a 2 percent raise this year if the district implemented a longer school day this year rather than waiting.
Governor’s Day at the Illinois State Fair usually means interest groups will try to catch the governor’s ear as well as those of his supporters. This year was no exception.
Chicago Public Schools officials are working feverishly to balance the budget for the upcoming school year, but just starting talks with teachers over those pay raises they can’t afford. And CBS 2 has learned they have yet to touch on Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s goal of a longer school day.
Governor Pat Quinn continues to defend his efforts to block a negotiated pay raise for state employees.
The state’s largest public employees’ union scored a victory on Tuesday in their fight to regain the 2% raises to which they’re contractually entitled.
Top school administrators were told Thursday that they will not be getting their scheduled raise for 2011-12.
A major labor union has asked an independent arbitrator to intervene in their dispute with Gov. Pat Quinn over his decision to cancel pay raises for some 30,000 state employees.
Teachers and staff at Oak Lawn Community High School have voted to take smaller pay raises the next couple years, rather than face cutting staff by about 20 percent.
- Weekend Death Toll Rises To 8 After Two Men Die Of Gunshot InjuriesTwo men critically wounded in weekend shootings died Monday, raising the death toll for 2013’s most violent weekend to eight. At least 39 other people were wounded in shootings across the city, authorities said.163
- Mystery Substance Prompts Closure Of Indiana BeachSwimmers have been ordered out of Lake Michigan at Porter Beach because of a substance in the water. WBBM's Nancy Harty has more.216
- Man Dies After His Head Is Impaled On Fence During FightA man was murdered Sunday night by someone who struck him in the head, causing him to become impaled on a wrought iron fence in the South Side Burnside neighborhood.319
- Indiana Woman Who Received Death Sentence At 16 Released From PrisonThe first taste of freedom in 27 years, that's what a 43-year-old woman from Gary, Indiana is enjoying tonight, after going to prison for murder. Roseanne Tellez reports, she has an unlikely supporter as she starts her new life: her victim's grandson.263
- Chief Keef Pleads Guilty To Speeding, Faces Second Paternity SuitChicago rapper Chief Keef was served Monday in a second paternity lawsuit as he appeared in a Cook County courtroom to plead guilty to a speeding violation, the Sun-Times is reporting.257
- Four Contract E Coli After Eating At Lombard RestaurantFour people contracted E. coli after eating at a west suburban restaurant, which has since been closed, DuPage County health officials said.322
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Sonata Hybrid Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!